Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.06.2006, 01:10 PM
New here
New here

Default Virus/Logic Pro 7 - MIDI timing probs

Hello,

Thankfully I found this forum, I'm new here so I hope one of you can help me out.

I'm currently using an Virus B with Logic Pro 7 on a Apple Powerbook G4. The Virus is connected via midi to an Audiophile Firewire interface which is in turn connected to the Powerbook via firewire.

Now, my problem is thus. If I create a sequence in Logic playing out the Virus, the sequence seems out of time with the rest of the project which also contains audio files. I can confirm the following

1 - Logic is sending out the clock to the Virus and the Virus is recieving this ok (the small c appears on the screen)
2 - The Virus BPM is set to the same as the BPM in Logic.

I am suspecting MIDI cable quality, however, I would like to be sure that this is not a known issue and there is no current workaround before I purchase a new cable.

Thanks in advance
David McGuinness
Old 14.06.2006, 03:19 PM
New here
New here

Well, I emailed Access technical support. Good guys...gave me some good ideas, here is their reply for anyone having similiar probs..

--
Then it is normal that you don't hear the audio signal in time with the audio
played back in Logic, since Logic or better to say the audio interface needs to convert the audio from
the Virus b into digital signals and then you can hear them through Logic and its monitoring
capabilities. The delay you then hear depends on the setting for the audio latency/audio buffer size
in Logics audio preferences panel. Since this cannot be set to 0 (and even low settings like 64 or 128
samples cause quite a high CPU load) you need to manually delay the Virus b track with a negative
delay time to hear it in time with the audio in Logic.
In other words this is not a problem of the Virus b, but of audio latency and live monitoring of
hardware units in general.
--
Old 15.06.2006, 12:51 AM
This forum member lives here

Glad you got a response! They are pretty good with Tech support there (although some TI owners may disagree)

It's wierd though, I've never had these issues with Cubase and Virus C

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 15.06.2006, 01:02 AM

I used to have a Virus C with Logic pro. I never had any timing issues. Could be the shitty M-audio drivers as well. if it persists on acting up, might want to look into borrowing a different interface to determine if it is the M-audio shit.
Old 28.08.2006, 01:10 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Im having a very similar problem at the moment. For some reason my Virus C Desktop has stopped syncing up properly with Logic 7.2. Up until now its always been fine but now the triggered notes always seem to come in a few miliseconds later than where the midi note is drawn in. As youd expect its especially noticeable on arp lines etc.

It used to be fine but for some reason its no longer syncing up perfectley and i havnt got a clue why. Software monitoring is not enabled and the audio out of my virus goes direct into a mixing desk [bypassing logic alltogether]. The same problem occurs in Ableton Live as well...which basically means its a problem with the virus or cables etc.

I have reset the virus to its factory state with no luck and also tried it out with 2 different midi interfaces and had the same problem occur with both of them.

Im really starting to go abit mental here, i really hope its not an issue with my virus as i simply cant afford to replace it at the moment