Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.09.2003, 11:06 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Default mind of its own!!!! help yet again!! haha

Right recently my virus is doing all kinds of weired stuff for exaple......

parts 13 and 14 dosnt work atall now

part nine is totaly quiter then the resof my other parts a matter how loud i put it up or what ever sound ive selected which is very strange..

Also I dont know if anyone else has had this but on my main virus led screen welll you know it says sequencer.... well recently it says dequence or sequdes or just fucks the letters up in the word sequencer even sometimes putting strange symbols in there!!!!!! its got a mind of its own some times!!!

Anyone else had this?? i usually just reset the thing but then it does it again not long after!!!

Also nothings filtered in SX so f@@k knows why it dosnt play them parts and why the other is quiter then the rest!!

Anyone??????
Old 21.09.2003, 11:17 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Have you contacted Access? They might (will) know better than we do in here. I'll strongly suspect HW problem.
Old 21.09.2003, 01:07 PM

Is it the Virus b or c u have?

Could it be some kinda OS system software corruption? I take it that you have already tried re-installing the OS a couple of times. A hardware problem?

If you end up having to resort to sending the Virus back to Germany...good luck. Mine went back on the 15th Aug.....and im still none the wiser as to when Ill get it back. Tomorrow (Monday 22nd Sept) im going to press my dealer for a full refund. Ive had exceptionally bad luck with the Virus KC......and im no longer bothered whether I have a Virus or not....which is a shame...but there you go.

MOST Virus users Ive spoken to have had some kind of problems......this is really significant. You can now see why the Virus only has a 6 months warranty. Mass produced, quickly assembled cheap digital shit (Well in the case of the Virus and Nord 3 expensive digital shit)

I dont have a persoanl vendetta against Access......most modern day VA manufacturers are like this. Check out the Waldorf, Nord, novation forums. When I first ventured into VA I assumed I would be getting a 'reliable' synth. To my horror and ultimate dissapointment I have come to realise that new synths are no more reliable than a 20 yr old analog poly....in fact Id say old gear is more reliable (Less in it that can go wrong)

Do any of you guys know how much it would cost to send a Virus KC back to German (in the event further repairs were needed) after the 6 months warranty? Well, here in the UK, Ive been told that it will cost me ?135. Fuck knows what it would cost if you live in America or Far East.

Perhaps my dealer (Turnkey) is partly to blame for my poor experience that ive had with the KC. They've got my money...they dont really give a shit. Ah! Roll on Monday........

DS
Old 21.09.2003, 11:56 PM

shit DS, you have had some of the worst luck!! here in japan they have a dealer thats licenced to fix access (or so the shop i bought it from told me)...dont give up yet mate!! u could always get your money back and then buy a desktop!

303, that thing sounds posessed!! like DS just asked, is it a C,B, or A? im sure you have tried OS re-installing...maybe now is the time to contact access! good luck.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 22.09.2003, 05:22 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Your dealer/distributor should take care of it. This was what I was told from Access before. Sounds like a strange problem 303. Maybe your sequencer is possessed by the.....Devil . And it's sending messages.....to your brain .
Old 22.09.2003, 08:55 AM

Turnkey (Main Access dealer in the UK) for some reason are not qualified to touch, let alone repair a Virus hehe. It would make me feel a whole lot better if someone in the UK was a authorised Access technician. Its about fuking time aswell....alot of Virus' in the UK!! *Im not too happy about my Virus being driven around Europe and handled roughly by lorry drivers etc etc. Without a doubt when/if I get my KC back there will be scratch marks on it. That kinda thing pisses me off (especially if I didnt put the scratch on it). I bought a Nord 3 form Turnkey about 2 months ago and I had to send that back because the LFO knob was loose and the little led's around the knob didnt light up. Maybe Turnkey are selling on B stock to unsuspecting customers!

Well im gonna speak to the manager now and try sort something out. Being without my Virus for 5 weeks (considering the shit Ive already had) just aint good enough. I want them to ship out a new Virus KC or give me a full refund.

Despite all this negative shit of the past 3 months...I still think the Virus C is the best sounding/featured VA out there.

DS
Old 22.09.2003, 12:40 PM

Ive got a new KC coming to me on Wednesday. Im back in business yeeehhaaaa Not so cool is that ive lost all my soundset sounds (they werent backed up doh!). Ill have to start again...oh well....

303 im genuinely sorry to hear of your problem. Get in contact with your dealer and get them to sort it out. With any luck they may give un a new Virus like they did for me hehe.

Its funny. Now that Ive had 4 Virus' its interesting how each Virus 'feels' and operates slightly differently. Ive noticed differences in keyboard action, knob resistance, button resistance, filter response, leds. You can almost tell which Virus will survive longest without problems.

Ds
Old 23.09.2003, 12:57 AM

good to hear DS!!!

303, let us know whats the problem with yours, once u find out!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 23.09.2003, 03:26 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Ive noticed differences in ... filter response...
Eh? In a digital synthesizer?
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by saba : 26.04.2011 at 03:20 AM.
Old 23.09.2003, 08:24 AM

Yeah Saba, I noticed on my 1st and 2nd Virus that the Filters acted a little different. For instance, On the 1st Virus I had I made a typical trance lead patch. The cutoff was deliberatly set to low and it worked fine for quick stabs. But if you were to hold the key down for 3 seconds or so....the trance lead would suddenly 'open' to full cutoff.

I know all about LFO modulation, filters, envelopes settings etc etc and I am positive that this strange occurance was not my doing. Using the same patch on my 3rd and 4th Virus' I did not experience this strange problem.

I wonder what my 5th will be like hehe. I don't suppose there are many people in the world who have had more than 5 Virus KC's lol.......its a shame I cant have them all at the same time

DS