Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 28.06.2010, 09:34 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Mod wheel makes parameter changes without touching it

Dear friends,

Now I have my second TI2 Whiteout Edition Keyboard, because the first one had problems with the Mod Wheel. Last friday I changed my new Virus because of its error and I got a new one, but it has exactly the same problems. So I think it's a bug and not a mechanical problem, but I'm not sure. If all TI and TI2 Keyboard owners would check this, we can see it's a bug or not.
The problem is: The mod wheel makes parameter changes.
For example: Choose a sound which you can modify strongly with the mod wheel, that your hear the changing of the sound better. If you push the mod wheel down, the mod wheel doesn't affect the sound. If you push the wheel up, you can hear the modified sound (for example a vibrato of a bass sound). Now let the mod wheel in the upper position and choose another soundpatch with the value buttons and directly go back and choose the soundpatch which you had before again.
With this action you should have the sound which is not modified by the mod wheel (no vibrato) but the mod wheels position is up.
Now wait a few minutes (it could also happen in a few seconds) and the mod wheel will change the soundparameters to the value of the wheels position.
I hope that you understand what I'm trying to explain. Please try it out so that we can see you have the same problem or not.
My Virus is not controlled by other Midi-controllers!! Only a headphone is connected.
Thanks and greets,

Marcel
Old 28.06.2010, 03:45 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

First off you should have saved $800 and bought a TI desktop and a cheap $30 keyboard ....secondly the mod wheel is not a 0-127 control....its a -50 to plus 50 control or something like that! as for it changing while playing by itself....its a synth...with voice stealing....if you play any patch for an period of time it will change!
Old 28.06.2010, 04:30 PM
Complete Newbie

Many thanks for your reply, BHG! Sorry, but I still don't understand, why its changing the parameters!
What has voice stealing to do with that? And secondly the mod wheels parameter range is from 0...127 and not a -50 +50 and third, why should a patch changes parameters after a period of time, for which reason? It should NOT!
The Mod Wheel of my Korg Radias Keyboard has not this problem.
Old 29.06.2010, 10:00 AM
Complete Newbie

I would be very happy, if somebody could test it with a TI or TI2 Keyboard what I described above. If everybody has the same problem, I can exclude a defective synth. Let me know your results.
Many thanks for your help in advance.
Old 30.06.2010, 11:14 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Abnorm

the modwheel IS in fact 0-127.. i think thats pretty much the same on every type of hardware out there. -50 to 50..?

This sounds like bad connections on the modwheel itself hvyen. Call access, thats my tip. Pretty much a warranty case.

My trusty virus kb started acting up with the same problem, i just removed some dust and it was ok. had to open it up though.
Old 30.06.2010, 08:33 PM
Complete Newbie

Many thanks Abnorm!
I have my new TI2 Keyboard since one week. It's the second one since the time I've bought it. The first had the same problem. Bad chance?
I talked with the Access support and he the guy that it is normal. I don't think so, because today two friends of mine checked it with their Virus KB and they don't have this problem. Perhaps it is a problem of the TI series or it could be a software problem. I installed OS 4.0.5 on it. I don't know what to do, because it's the the "Virus TI Whiteout Edition". It's limited to 150 units. Every copy is sold out. No chance for a third alternate device only a repair is possible.
Old 01.07.2010, 12:48 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Abnorm

hehe, it is normal??
I can`t see where they got that from, would be strange if all synths suddenly started randomly changing parameters for the modwheel.

too bad you`ve got the whiteout, guess thats the price of beeing exclusive
Old 02.07.2010, 02:04 PM
Complete Newbie

Oh yes ! Exclusive damaged!