Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 12.12.2005, 02:58 AM
This forum member lives here

Default Are you using analog outs or audio over usb?

or both?
just curious which way other TI owners sending their audio and how the timing is working out? I think some of you are still having to manually adjust your audio in the daw to fix the placement, regardless of using usb or analog. I have to do this when sending over usb.
Old 12.12.2005, 10:56 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

I want to use the analogue outs to bounce down in real time and use just the USB for patch recall.

It sounds so much phatter out the 1./4 inch jacks.
Just got to buy some more quality leads
Old 12.12.2005, 11:28 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Analog routed through sound card to Cubase inputs (2 stereo pairs, and two mono pairs) each input has a Voxengo free audio delay plugin of 21.3 ms to compensate for Virus Control Delay comp.. This is easy to measure and would be different for everybody. Also after doing a test recording Cubase misplaces the wav timing by around 1000 or so samples, this can be adjusted in the Asio setup inside Cubase. But once you're setup you can pretend it's just the same as USB.
The latest Cubase update had a thing called external instruments but it didn't work with virus control as it's aim was to delay the midi not the resultant instruments audio and somehow it got cancelled out by the Virus Control delay compensation. Bah!!!
Old 12.12.2005, 11:43 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I've tried sending VCntrl via analog out and then record without delay compensation(just click the constrain delay compensation in cubase) and then time align the wave. works far better than realtime export for me and the sound is fatter than usb out. All this procedure is a bit of headache though...
Old 12.12.2005, 01:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy
I've tried sending VCntrl via analog out and then record without delay compensation(just click the constrain delay compensation in cubase) and then time align the wave. works far better than realtime export for me and the sound is fatter than usb out. All this procedure is a bit of headache though...
If you do my above setup procedure. Everything sounds in time!, and everything records in time! Analog and USB!!

Maybe before my explanation I could have had a heading like, this is how you get you TI Analog to behave like the USB with Virus Control.

PS. you also need audio tracks for each input bus with the preview button pressed in (orange speaker next to the Rec icon)
Old 10.05.2007, 09:16 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to soundmagus Send a message via Skype™ to soundmagus

Hmm It sounds liek you guys are close to solving my problem ; here it is !!

I want to record the analogue outs at the same time as using the VC in cubase sx3.

i want to be able to play midi so as to keep the notes played whilst at the same time recording the audio and all knob tweaks, program changes etc but am havign real problems with this.

can you guys help me set this up.

I have multiple i.o soundcard/desk etc.

thanks

HOpe i didnt hijack this thread with that question, i thought it was on the same tracks !!! if i have i wll move it :O
Old 10.05.2007, 06:13 PM

Hi Soundmagus,
it's been a while since I first posted this question (and alot of changes to the code of the virus have happened since then), so I would be real curious to see how things have changed for people (who use the analog outputs) as well.

I am still using audio over usb (which is working very well as of late) so I can't really help out with your question.
Old 10.05.2007, 07:14 PM
Very mucho Newbie

i resolved my issue - dont use VC - now i use seq mode with just midi and record the audio live as i play

works great for me, thanks anyway
Old 10.05.2007, 10:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Do you find the ARPs drift or do they catch the midi clock successfully ?
Old 11.05.2007, 09:08 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Everything seems to be fine for the tim being and i am at 12 channels HOWEVER i am bouncing straight to audio abd using that for the arrangement instead of the midi so there in itself could be an answer as i m not constantly pushing the Virus.

Mark