Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.01.2006, 07:38 AM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gano
You're not the only one having those problem, Access support are aware off all the remaining problems. They told me to wait for a couple of updates to get everything done...
For Three days, without any reasons, my TI has been working fine with Sonar 4 using Virus Control. I must hurry to do some tracks before the next full moon shows up or the wind changes :P
Don't you have the delay in keyboard midi -> Audio response when using the Virus plugin? Without the VC in a project all other vsti have 5.8 ms latency, but when I load VC, all the other plugins respond much slower/later to my keyboard when playing notes. Probably something to do with delay compensation.
Old 06.01.2006, 09:00 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
marc: I tried both using USB MIDI and midi cables with midi interfaces(with EMU1820M midi port and a MIDISPORT 4x4) and everytime I playback the midi sequence, the first few notes seem to have a problem staying in time. My fix for this is just to play a short sequence a few bars before the actual one when I'm at the recording stage.

an example using 1 ti channel without external fx, straight from the analog out: http://www.madstation.net/Melodie_trance(uneautre).mp3
It is subtle since I did my best to record this sequence(took me 4 times to get it right) but you can still hear the notes struggling a bit at the start.
When I layer the metronome over this it is even more obvious.

I don't mind notes running out of time once in a while when playing back, but when recording this is a pretty frustrating matter.

Thanks!

MADSTATION - would you mind sending me a .cpr of this sequence? I would like to test it on my system.

For those using SX3.1.1 - it seems necessary at the moment to reset the ASIO Control Panel>System Performance settings to your preferred latency after you have opened VC, and unfortunately, it often seems the case that you need to do it twice for the settings to stick.

This is probably why you find an increased latency with the other plugs once you have opened VC.

You should also find the overall performance to be a lot better once you have done this - I always get horrendous audio performance in SX until I have done this with or without the VC being open. It's worth noting that if there is an interruption to the audio stream when using VC, the Arps will lose sync until new notes are played, so this just might kill two birds with one stone..
Old 06.01.2006, 02:32 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

"it seems necessary at the moment to reset the ASIO Control Panel>System Performance settings to your preferred latency after you have opened VC, and unfortunately, it often seems the case that you need to do it twice for the settings to stick. "

This seems like a massive pain in the ass, each time you open a song you have to reset this twice?
Old 06.01.2006, 03:50 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill
"it seems necessary at the moment to reset the ASIO Control Panel>System Performance settings to your preferred latency after you have opened VC, and unfortunately, it often seems the case that you need to do it twice for the settings to stick. "

This seems like a massive pain in the ass, each time you open a song you have to reset this twice?
Yeah, this sounds ridiculous. Nobody who's seriously making music don't want to waste time on something like this. I have been waiting for the whole autumn that access would get the ti's problems solved so I could also buy one but it seems that there are too much problems. People are not only reporting software problems but hardware problems which is scary.

"For a 1500 GBP product it's not too hot. I am considering trading it in for Nord."

Go for nord lead 3 or alesis andromeda. You won't be disappointed. Something strange happened to andro's price and it's now 350 euros cheaper than virus ti. Something which I don't understand at all.
Old 06.01.2006, 10:58 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

are timing issues present when playing they synth (version) with other gear? i'm looking at my logic sequence (piano scroll) and all MIDI notes are delayed...
Old 06.01.2006, 11:14 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ill

Well, to be honest it takes about 10-15 seconds, so I wouldn't describe it as a *massive* pain in the ass. I don't know why this isn't necessary in other hosts, though - it doesn't seem to be necessary in Logic 5.5.1, or Audiomulch for instance..
Old 06.01.2006, 11:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
marc: I tried both using USB MIDI and midi cables with midi interfaces(with EMU1820M midi port and a MIDISPORT 4x4) and everytime I playback the midi sequence, the first few notes seem to have a problem staying in time. My fix for this is just to play a short sequence a few bars before the actual one when I'm at the recording stage.

an example using 1 ti channel without external fx, straight from the analog out: http://www.madstation.net/Melodie_trance(uneautre).mp3
It is subtle since I did my best to record this sequence(took me 4 times to get it right) but you can still hear the notes struggling a bit at the start.
When I layer the metronome over this it is even more obvious.

I don't mind notes running out of time once in a while when playing back, but when recording this is a pretty frustrating matter.

Thanks!
what happens if you pre-roll for one bar?

marc
Old 07.01.2006, 12:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

This is a screenshot of where the problems usualy happen(as you can see, I'm leaving one empty bar at the beginning):

This is the cubase project file:
http://www.madstation.net/cubase/cubase_test.cpr

Let me know if you guys can reproduce.

Thanks
Serge
Old 07.01.2006, 09:05 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

hats off to Access it's a great concept. and when it finally works will be sweet.

I had a deadline for an remix and an advert, and the TI made me have to reinstall 1.08, mess about with my soundcard settings, waste loads of time/not too mention stress, and that's not cool.

When you shift between lots of songs, having to reset something twice IS a massive pain in the ass.
It also makes you feel less like a musician and more like a IT person!

I mean it is a great synth, but seriously flawed us if you make music in a studio.

to start with on the 1.07 it put clicks in whenever I exported audio, 1.08 caused 1 second time lags on everything. Going to MIDI and 1/4 jacks not even the MIDI timings in. Also on MIDI/Jacks the timing of the arps is out.

One area I would wholeheartedly recommend the TI is you play live and without a sequencer - as sounds super ill and is built like a tank (and no noises or timing issues).

Hurry up with 1.09 guys!!!!

Access technical support have been very good for there credit, just the dev team/programmers need to raise there game.
Old 09.01.2006, 12:56 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc
Quote:
Yeah the timing, even in midi is below average. I have no problems with any of my other synths(jp8080, fr777, alpha juno2, novation ks4).

Might be related to my EMU1820m combo with the Virus...Seems like the Virus has a hard time with the EMU products(correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm using Cubase SX3.1.1
please explain. are you using USB MIDI or MIDI (with an MIDI interface)? how can i reproduce you "below average" timing? owning a JP8080 myself i couldn't say that i would prefer the timing of it against the TI at all.

best, marc
as a CEO, you gotta say that