Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 25.09.2005, 06:52 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Bye bye Ti, hello Andromeda

After all of this time of waiting for Zzounds to send a message and say your Virus TI is on the way, I can't believe It's finally being released. But 9 months gave me ample time to learn more about the sonic colours that I need. So I decided to purchase A redface Alesis A6. It has an infinite amount of options and it's real analog. I have V-synth if I need a more digital vibe. I have a Motif ES7 for handling any acoustic rompler sounds. I'm as excited about the Andromeda as I once was for the TI. I definitely look forward to getting down to my local shop and take the Virus TI for a test drive, but for now it's all about those creamy sounds coming from the Andromeda galaxy!!!
Old 25.09.2005, 07:02 AM
This forum member lives here

When I went and checked out an Andromeda, to say the least, it didnt excite me at all. It seems way too overpriced, I mean, you could buy a couple vintage mono synths and a couple vintage poly synths for the money.

The ION was nice though....good features, nice sound, and a great price.

If I had the cash, I would definately go the Ti route......but I have a Virus C so that is keeping me happy for the time being

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 25.09.2005, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee
The ION was nice though....good features, nice sound, and a great price.
the two are totally different beasts and beyond comparison IMHO.

the ion is a VA with a few nice features, but the sound just does not compare to that of the A6 (hence the coupla thousand in price difference).

i am really impressed with the osund of the a6 - if i were buying analog it would be a hard decision to make between the a6 and a polyevolver kb...

cheers

blay
Old 25.09.2005, 05:09 PM
Pro
Pro

Andromeda, that's a good choice. However I'm still going to buy the TI too, but you can't go wrong with the andro either.

Andro may not sound very attractive in a music store if you just try the presets. They're boring. It's a synth for tweakers and you have to spend some time with it to see how it works because it's too complex at the first sight. I have used one for 2 years now and love it. It sounds alot warmer than the va synths (of course). The modulation possibilities are almost endless and so are the filter routings, envelopes and oscillators. I like the idea that you can use 1 or all the waveforms of the same oscillator at the same time. And the inverted saw is sometimes very useful. You can expect alot warmer and "alive" sound from andromeda compared to virus.

Btw, don't use the auto tune at all. It can sometimes loose one or two of the oscillators/filters. Let the synth warm up at least 15 minutes and it will be in the right tune. If it still remains out of tune, auto tune it, but you don't need to do that anymore.

And the reason why I didn't buy any more vintage analog synths is that you cannot be sure when they're gonna break. Those things are 20-30 year old. I sold my Juno106 because I was terrified when I saw what was inside.
Old 25.09.2005, 06:15 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Hey F5D,

"Btw, don't use the auto tune at all".
Thanks for the heads up. If you have any other tips or websites to refer, please drop me a line. After the TI is out for awhile and they've gotten all of the kinks out, I could see it in my future. Who knows?
Old 25.09.2005, 09:48 PM
Definately caught something...
Complete Newbie

Hey guys
Im a regular lurker on this site and seeing as the TI is finally out I will post a message. I own a virus and Andromeda.
In my opinion, the Andromeda's sound is very different to the Virus'- a lot warmer, with a different character. But it is complicated (very), a little buggy - and the user interface is not very friendly. Also the Virus has a much greater range of sounds - I think it has far greater scope for unusual noises, and its mod matrix is very easy to comprehend. Added to that it has excellent options in multi mode, which is something the Andro is not so great at.

They are both great synths...one is just a hell of a lot more expensive!

well thats my opinion

Royalston
Old 25.09.2005, 09:57 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

what's a redface A6? I I haven't heard of that before.
Old 25.09.2005, 10:24 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default redface A6

There were only 250 of them made when in the first year of it's release. The galaxies across the A6 are cobalt blue, but on this one they're wine red
Old 25.09.2005, 11:42 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Do you have any screenshots? Would love to see how that looks!
Old 25.09.2005, 11:42 PM
Pro
Pro

"They are both great synths...one is just a hell of a lot more expensive!"

Andro costs the same as Virus TI keyb. No difference in Price. If you have several hardware synths, you won't be using them always in multimode. I have never tried andro's multimode. It I want another sound I bounce the first sound. The sounds are sometimes just so amazing that I don't care how the multimode works.

In my opinion, the blue andro looks better. I checked the color in the music store before I took the synth home.