Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.07.2005, 08:04 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Virus C ( ( Multi Mode ) )

I have a Virus C but I've barely used it cuz Im still learning a lot of things to do with production at the moment...And I'd like to ask anyone here who's used this synth a lot about the Global Effects. I've read quite a few articles on the Virus C and most say that the Effects affect every patch? Or something like that. So if I was using this synth in Multi Mode, whichever patch I was designing (or fine tuning to fit the song) on my first track, if I used Virus' internal effects than the other patches on other tracks would sound pretty bad because they're using effects that are tailor-made for the first track?

Are there any workarounds? Like Muting the internal effects or something? Using this synth in Multi Mode would be something I'd really want to do. And I just wanted to know how you guys use this synth in Multi Mode if the Effects are Global?

Would love to hear some tips!!

Thanx guys. =]
Old 04.07.2005, 08:39 AM
Veteran
Veteran

It's only the Delay/Reverb effect which is Global - all the rest are individually applied to each Part. As long as you have the latest OS installed, there is a function to copy the (delay/reverb) effects from the currently selected Single patch as well, which can be pretty useful.
Old 04.07.2005, 11:00 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

but the delay and reverb will make all the other patches sound wrong won't they? i mean, those other patches will have their own delay and reverb assigned..so how will copying the delay and reverb effects from the 1st patch be a solution?
Old 04.07.2005, 11:36 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIZEROIII
but the delay and reverb will make all the other patches sound wrong won't they? i mean, those other patches will have their own delay and reverb assigned..so how will copying the delay and reverb effects from the 1st patch be a solution?
It's not generally as bad as you think. True, there are some patches which depend on a unique reverb setting, but most sound just as good with different settings, especially when it comes to the delay.
Old 04.07.2005, 12:50 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Ok thx for letting me know.

But to go back to your first post...what is the point of copying the delay and reverb effects from the 1st patch? if the effects are global isn't that what the 1st patch is doing automatically? but to every patch? the same reverb and delay for all patches?

and also..is there a way to disable these effects or mute them?

thanks !! =)
Old 04.07.2005, 12:52 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
what is the point of copying the delay and reverb effects from the 1st patch?
You can copy them from *any* Single patch to the current Multi.

And, yes, you can Globally disable the Delay/Reverb if you wish. Each Part in the Multi does have it's own Send parameter though..
Old 04.07.2005, 12:55 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

but then when I copy them from whichever patch those effects go to all patches right?
Old 04.07.2005, 01:01 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
but then when I copy them from whichever patch those effects go to all patches right?
Yup...hence the word *Global*

BUT....you dont have to have reverb/delay on other parts in your multi, or you can decide how much delay/reverb you want in other parts by using the send function.

You can always add your delays/reverbs later, using plug-ins....or external FX if you have some tasty outboard.

Good luck!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 04.07.2005, 01:06 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

yes thats what i wanna do... add my own effects to my synths after ive rendered them.
Old 04.07.2005, 01:14 PM

Quote:
yes thats what i wanna do... add my own effects to my synths after ive rendered them.
Probably a good idea....The Virus FX are useable, but Im sure you probably have your favorite plug-in FX already.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60