Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 28.10.2019, 04:47 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Virus Snow & Novation SL MK2

Hi I have a Virus Snow in my studio. But Im going to use it on stage with a midi keyboard.

Im in love with my friends Novation SL63' s FATAR keys 🎹!!!
But its big for me Im thinking to buy SL49

So the question is !

Novation SL MK2 series all have empty space on their sides.
63 Keys model has enough space for the Virus Snow to put there.
I will purchase it online so wont have the chance to try if it fits or not ((

Any info ???? 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Old 02.11.2019, 06:43 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

I have a Snow and an SL MKII 61 key.

Judging from pics it looks like the 49key version has about 7" of free space on both sides. My 61 key has about 7" on the left and 13" on the right... I trimmed a rubber mouse mat and I keep a cordless mouse and a small Steinberg controller pad on that space, but the Snow would fit there too since it is 10" wide.

If the 49key has 7" on both sides like it seems to in pics, it obviously can't fit the Snow fully but you could probably get by in a pinch with turning the Snow diagonally to fit it on the left of the 49 key, but you might need to put a rubber mat to keep it from sliding down onto the pitch/mod stick. I have that problem now with my mouse, the vibration of playing the keys causes the mouse to move little by little (not down onto the pitch/mod of course though, since its on the right).

A slightly better solution you might consider is an inexpensive adjustable height laptop stand, where the feet of the stand can slide under the keyboard if you want, and the Snow just rests on it. This is what I have my Snow on now, and I have easy reach to the knobs with my left hand. Most programming I do with the VST and mouse, the knobs on the unit are just for real time play for me. All depends on your workflow and how you use your gear.

For 61 keys, it looks like they no longer make the MKII, and the MKIII has transport buttons taking up some of the space on the right.