Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 29.02.2004, 01:35 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Default Juho L - Slow orchestral part from Sivuainevalinnan Vaikeus

www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/SavV-Harras.mp3

A remake of the slow part in Sivuainevalinnan vaikeus. I'm going to change that Hammond to soft pipe organ when I find the samples. What do you think about the orchestration?
Old 29.02.2004, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to 3o3

Nice song Juho! I like it alot - haven't heard the original, but i usually like classical songs..

Well, I am pretty messed up right now - had to much beer yesterday as usuall - next weekend also, this wednseday is another day to drink - i am starting to drink to much again.

"Welcome to the Berserk-Inn - If one customer is difficult, no-one survives" - http://www.4barloop.com/
Old 29.02.2004, 10:54 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I dont like the hammond or the bass...they r both 2 prominant in the piece, it takes away from the flow of the music...especially the bass...its too big...and too loud...both of these instruments made it sound too much like rock...and whats the point of recreating classical if u r just going to redo the style, u might as well just make your own...

i loved the flute sound in the end...that was absolutely wonderful...but other than that its pretty good remake...

peace
Blank
Old 01.03.2004, 01:38 AM

definatley like it once the full strings and flutes come in at the 59sec mark...really flowing and sits well!

now to the gripes....dont like the wind sound at all - sounds as if it was put there just for arts sake (if u know what i mean)...never got into that kind of stuff....

i like all the sounds used, but that hammond is too loud at the beggining...maybe it would be nice if the volume could increase as it moved nearer to that full strings/flute section. i think then it would sit better.

good production as usuall!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 01.03.2004, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Thanks for a listen.

The Hammond indeed doesn't fit there. I just put it there as a poor replacement for the pipes. The bass is going to be replaced by a real fretless so the sound gets a bit better on that area too.

I've also made some minor adjustments on that orchestral part. On that clip the oboe sample is retriggered on every note so I changed it to monophonic so the sample continues on legato parts. That gives some more atuhentic feel and it sounds bloody good. Also boosted some of that cello section to accompany that bass.

And what Blank mentioned about sounding too rock, it really doesn't matter since this is a piece of a rock song. In this clip the classical aspect is more dominant than on the other parts, but basicly the rock is dominant on the whole piece. Yesterday I started another orchestration probably for the ending with female vocals and maybe even distorted guitar. I'll post some updated clips later.

Edit: Almost forgot:
Quote:
now to the gripes....dont like the wind sound at all - sounds as if it was put there just for arts sake (if u know what i mean)...never got into that kind of stuff....
Moog wind = progressive.
Old 01.03.2004, 11:52 AM
Administrator

www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/SavV-Harras.mp3
http://www.kolumbus.fi/juho.lepisto/...kestraatio.mp3

There are the new stuff. That first one is the updated version of that organ track and the second one is a small orchestra piece.
Old 01.03.2004, 11:37 PM
Veteran
Veteran

The new ones sound a bit better...but im not going to get into my gripes this time...because i think its fine the way it is...

peace
Blank