Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 01.04.2009, 06:51 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenme shenme View Post
And why on Earth is the Virus so ROM-heavy!? Does anyone actually use all those ROM presets? Doesn't everyone else want to be able to construct more than one User ARP pattern per patch?
if you don't like the ROM banks, you can always replace the sounds with ones you like or just ignore those banks entirely

just my .02%

marc
Old 02.04.2009, 04:51 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
if you don't like the ROM banks, you can always replace the sounds with ones you like or just ignore those banks entirely
lol... I can? ^^;; oh snap! I have so much to do tonight! =D
Old 16.05.2009, 11:37 AM
New here
New here

I've just bought a TI2 Polar on Tuesday and I love it except for one thing...the keyboard!

I really do wish that Access would put the keys from the 61-note TI keyboard into the Polar (with maybe a slightly reduced weight for those who want it to be more synth-like). It would make for a far better instrument, as (if you look closely enough on any new Polar), you will see that the majority of the black keys are scratched and marked. If I hadn't opened the unit as brand new, I would have thought it may have been on display, but the staples had never been removed from the box and it came from an online warehouse, not a shop. I don't expect to pay £2,099.00 for an instrument of this class and be subjected to such an awful keyboard.

The matte finish of the TI keyboard eliminates this issue and also keeps the keyboard looking like new as well as being a better playing experience. I'd love to know if it's the same keybed, as I'd happily pay to get my keys refitted with TI keys to replace the cheaper Polar ones.

Other than that, it's a first-class synth in every respect. I love the new case design way more than my original Polar that I bought back in 2006.
Old 16.05.2009, 12:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJVoyetra View Post
I've just bought a TI2 Polar on Tuesday and I love it except for one thing...the keyboard!

I really do wish that Access would put the keys from the 61-note TI keyboard into the Polar (with maybe a slightly reduced weight for those who want it to be more synth-like). It would make for a far better instrument, as (if you look closely enough on any new Polar), you will see that the majority of the black keys are scratched and marked. If I hadn't opened the unit as brand new, I would have thought it may have been on display, but the staples had never been removed from the box and it came from an online warehouse, not a shop. I don't expect to pay £2,099.00 for an instrument of this class and be subjected to such an awful keyboard.

The matte finish of the TI keyboard eliminates this issue and also keeps the keyboard looking like new as well as being a better playing experience. I'd love to know if it's the same keybed, as I'd happily pay to get my keys refitted with TI keys to replace the cheaper Polar ones.

Other than that, it's a first-class synth in every respect. I love the new case design way more than my original Polar that I bought back in 2006.
if the keyboard doesn't appear new, you should give it back to the dealer and complain. we don't build products out of used components.

the TIP and the TIK have different keyboards for multiple reasons. one is, that we want people who prefer a lighter keyboard action a choice. another is that the 61-keys keyboard is not available in a 37-keys version.

best, marc
access music

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 16.05.2009, 02:31 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
if the keyboard doesn't appear new, you should give it back to the dealer and complain. we don't build products out of used components.

the TIP and the TIK have different keyboards for multiple reasons. one is, that we want people who prefer a lighter keyboard action a choice. another is that the 61-keys keyboard is not available in a 37-keys version.

best, marc
access music
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply.

I in no way intended to imply that Access uses used components. I believe it's a common production flaw as far as I can tell from other products I have seen that share this problem. As I stated, the item was from a warehouse and the box had never been opened, the Polar was factory sealed in a clear bag with all it's tape in place and the display had it's protective film as well as all the accessories being unopened too.

I also fully understand that it's about giving people a choice, it's just that IMHO, the TI has a much better keyboard and it's a shame Polar users can't have a better choice. In every other respect, I love it!
Old 16.05.2009, 09:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJVoyetra View Post
Hi Marc,

Thanks for the reply.

I in no way intended to imply that Access uses used components. I believe it's a common production flaw as far as I can tell from other products I have seen that share this problem. As I stated, the item was from a warehouse and the box had never been opened, the Polar was factory sealed in a clear bag with all it's tape in place and the display had it's protective film as well as all the accessories being unopened too.
if the component looks used, something is not OK. we receive those keyboards from Fatar, we don't produce them ourselves. i cannot rule out that we received a scratched one, or scratched it ourselves but it appears weird to me. in any case you're entitled to receive a product which looks new. so please, get in touch with your dealer and let him sort it for you.

best, marc

Follow the Virus on Twitter: http://twitter.com/accessmusic
Watch the Virus on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/accessmusic
Become Infected friends on Facebook: http://facebook.com/pages/Virus/77569453701
Old 17.05.2009, 02:59 AM
New here
New here

This goes to show just how subjective the keybed is. I have a Polar and love the keyboard. It appears to me to be the same one as on my, A6, and Voyager. I also have a Nord wave that while the keybed on that is a little different it still feels exceptable. The Prophet 08 keyboard I actually hate the feel of the keybed and have been contemplating getting rid of the P8 mainly because of the keybed feel (also a bit of overkill in my current setup).
Old 17.05.2009, 03:36 AM
Pro
Pro

I must admit when I first got the Polar the keybed felt very funny to me, awkward and heavy handed. But now I am used to it and can play it properly, just takes some adjustment and evperimentation. If you're used to hopping between a 40k grand piano, a Korg M3 and a Polar as I had to at uni, the keybeds become a bit of a non issue, just adjust your playing style to suit.
Old 17.05.2009, 01:30 PM
New here
New here

Question Access Virus TI2 Keyboard

Hi. I just orderd the new Access Virus TI2 Keyboard (Im still waiting to get it home). And now when I listen to the videorecordings of the TI2-line on youtube and access homepage they all seem to lack a bit of that wonderful deepness in sound that the (old) TI-line have. The old TI-line always have this wonderful thick deep sound, no matter how poor the soundquality of the recording is. Maybe I should have bought the old TI instead.

Does anyone know if there is any diffrence in soundquality between the TI and TI2? Maybe someone have both of them and compared. Thanx.
Old 17.05.2009, 02:02 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RioXo View Post
they all seem to lack a bit of that wonderful deepness in sound that the (old) TI-line have. The old TI-line always have this wonderful thick deep sound, no matter how poor the soundquality of the recording is
Try the analog outs maybe?

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850@3GHz 2GB DD3 RAM
XP PRO SP3 w/2 150GB WD Raptors
Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB RAM OSX 10.4.11
Ableton Live 8
Serato SL1
VirusTI Desktop MK1
MOTU 828MKII
Genelec 8030
M-Audio UC-33 & MK-249C
Roland FC-300