Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 24.03.2008, 06:12 AM
New here
New here

i have been told by a tech that it may be a "scanner" problem with the power supply, the power supply not recognizing the hardware and software upon powering on. i will be sending it to a repair center shortly to see if this is indeed the problem. will report after
Old 25.03.2008, 02:40 AM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Here's the link for the KC OS 6.5 in English:

http://www.access-music.de/downloads...ruskc&file=288

Here it is in German:

http://www.access-music.de/downloads...ruskc&file=289

Are these the versions of the OS you have tried?

I too own a KC and still have the original CD with the factory info on it from the time period it was created in. I actually updated my KC with the English version of OS 6.5 about two years ago (+/-???) and have had ZERO problems, it is a dream to play and work with. Really sorry you are having such trouble. Not having the keyboard of a 61-key Virus is missing a good portion fo the overall experience of playing it. Good luck!

-Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 25.03.2008, 05:34 AM
New here
New here

yep those are the os i have tried, numerous times.
Old 25.03.2008, 10:51 AM
Administrator

hdark,

If it were me I would contact Access support via e-mail and also try to locate an authorized Access service center in your area. Something might be awry with your board. Very strange and disruptive behavior going on. Who knows, it may be easy for them to fix.
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 25.03.2008, 11:15 AM
New here
New here

i already contacted access and they promptly replied within hours, which was nice seeing the unit isn't under warranty, but their best response was that "it doesn't sound promising" and that i should contact local reps which i did. They said it's prob the aforementioned "scanner" problem so it'll be off to a tech very shortly. fingers crossed and all that
Old 25.03.2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Shit Bro, sorry to hear that. I hope you can salvage it somehow. At the worst maybe you can keep the synth and play it via MIDI, who knows. Good luck, chin up and what not. Cheers, -Alex
ESTP/7w8/Type-A Hostile
Old 10.04.2008, 02:08 PM
New here
New here

progress report.

well it's been in the local tech's shop now for just under two weeks. the power supply was tested and is working fine. he has had it set up and left on for up to around 24 hours and has gone back and it has played fine. we were both stumped. he had tested it some more before i was due to pick it up today when he put it back together and it stopped working. he has however found the problem apparently and i shall call tomorrow for more info.

when i was told he has had it playing for hours without problem i started to think that it may be something to do with my midi interface, which is a motu express 128, however i've had no problem with this and other gear. i will ask about whether it has been tested hooked up to a midi device when i call. hopefully he's already sorted it as i type.
Old 18.05.2009, 10:59 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Hello,
I have similar problems on my Kc.
Was your Kc fixed ? What component went wrong ?