Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 04.11.2009, 07:54 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default Help please..Matrix ..

Hello,

I think I have a problem with my virus and becuase I have very limited synth knowledge, I cant really be sure, but I have a strong feeling that im right.

I am using Sonar 8..presonus firebox dual core 2.6 3 gs of ram.

I have the latest (not beta) version of the virus software.

Ok, I know there is some setting messed up somewhere becuase of my constant sync error message I get in the virus control.
But I can live with that, I just dont select patches or do heavy work while it is playing back.

But today I decided to delve into assinging things to the matrix.

I took a basic init patch, and adjusted osc etc and then assinged lfo 2 to filter cutoff 1 and 2 by adjusting the knobs in lfo 2s section.

Everything started wobbling fine. Then I assinged lfo2 rate to mod wheel inside the matrix section. I moved the slider a tiny bit to the right, and it gave me pretty crappy results.
Basically when i moved my mod wheel up about an inch it wobbled the bass nice, but any further and it went crazy.

Now this was only when i moved the slider in the matrix a about 1/4 inch to the right.

But once again I can live with that, i just be careful with the wheel.

But then magically after I then tried to get saucy and add a pitch control to the matrix, that would control filter rez everything stopped working !!!!!

The virus control did not show any sync errors and i did not have any drop outs.
My mod wheel no longer controled the lfo 2 rate. *Even though when I pushed it to the top, i could tell there was some modulation happening somewhere, but defenitly not what i wanted it to do*

I have also noticed that none of my movements I do with midi are shown on the virus control. I swear they used to be before !!

Hope this makes some sense to someone .

Thanks.
Old 04.11.2009, 09:40 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Probably not related but while you can modulate a free lfo rate in the matrix you cant modulate a synched lfo rate.