Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 30.04.2014, 07:02 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Setting up a Virus Ti/ proper routing

I've never taken advantage of the multi outs with the Virus, and now that I'm doing so I'm a bit confused. In Ableton 9 I have my Virus, with 3 midi and audio files following. In the Ti plug-in, I have the first patch's main out set to USB 1 L+R, the second as USB 2 L+R and the third as USB L+R ( and of course in the config tab under patch utility I have it set to three outs 1 in). The picture should show the rest of the routing settings for the midi and audio. I can only get audio to play when the first midi track is armed, but neither of the other ones will change any levels. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...2015.00.05.png

Can any one share some insight in how I can go about fixing this? I'm really just looking to be able to add FXs to separate tracks without having to bounce the audio and open a new instance of the Virus every time I need something new.
Old 06.04.2016, 03:42 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

I find I can't bounce the tracks. I have to create a bus and sent the virus patch to that buss then record in real time. None of the bounce features work for me.
Old 07.04.2016, 06:58 PM
New here
New here

That is correct. Since the Virus is a hardware synth you have to record it ilthe same way you would anyother outboard gear. The integration aspect is for configuration, control, and simplified project setup in your daw. Bouncing tracks does not work for outboard gear.
Old 07.04.2016, 07:31 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

got it thanks
Old 10.04.2016, 11:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Plus, there's nothing quite like tweaking as you record... (had to be said)
Old 11.04.2016, 01:51 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

My colloquial usage of bouncing a track has always been simply getting the track out of MIDI and into an audio clip, not necessarily internal (non-real-time) rendering like a software synth provides, so by that definition yes you can bounce with the Virus. Not saying my definition is necessarily right, just clarifying how I've probably used the term a gazillion times across this forum.. lol

It sometimes makes sense to render output to an audio file, however you do it, even with outboard gear simply for better control over timing, to tweak send FX in realtime for a subsequent bounce (modularizing the track), etc. Unless it's to solve a particular issue (such as timing, CPU resources etc) then it's really just another production technique. Sometimes I like to do it just because it encourages the mindset of "okay this part is done, move on to the next and don't screw with it unless truly necessary".

Just a workflow step to help me get closer instead of spending infinite amounts of time perfecting one small aspect (something I'm badly prone to do).