Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.04.2009, 10:36 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via AIM to djbrownie
Default Virus is not seen anymore, help!

Just updated to the latest 'beta' after watching here closely to make sure there were no horror stories, and well... here it is, horror story number 1.
uninstalled previous OS and ran latest updater, went smooth at first until the part where it tries to talk to the virus, it stalled at 66% and sat there for about 10 minutes doing nothing so i forced quit. I then rebooted my mac and powered down the TI , when i rebooted the TI it showed that the os was indeed 3.0.1.09 , so... i booted up logic and tried to open the Virus ti 3xusb plugin like i normally do ( bear in mind everything had been running rock solid until now), anyway, plugin opened with an error saying...
'No Virus TI Connected' You need to connect a Virus TI Desktop,Polar or Keyboard to run the 'Virus TI' Plugin or open the Virus Control plugin that is suited for the Virus Ti Snow. Ok, so something was wrong, so i uninstalled again and ran the updater a second time, same thing, stalled at 66% ( anybody know what bit of magic happens at the 66% mark)? anyway i couldn't do anything but force quit the installer which left me at the same stuation as before, got the same error when i tried to open the plugin, the keyboard seems ok, although when i turn it off i now here a loud digital screeech which i've never heard in my life before.
I've tried going to my Access Music Folder and running the Virus Control Center and that says my firmware needs updating (and my Virus is called 'unknown device'), i try to update the firmware and it stops 1/2 way with the following error...
A communication error occured
Press 'Dump Log' to create a logfile on the desktop or 'Quit' to simply exit Virus Control Center.
I've tried 2 different USB cables in 3 different USB ports on my computer, not through a hub, all other devices work on these USB ports too so it's not a bad port on my Mac ( maybe it is on the Virus but it wasn't before this attempted update).
Anyway, i'm sick to my stomach with all this and don't know what to do at all, i've had many problems with this over the years, latency, bad arp syncing, crashes, freezes etc. and now this, one minute i just want to say oh well, and forget i even have the virus and just get on with things that actually work and then on the other hand i feel like walking outside with it and placing it in the middle of the road while a large hefty vehicle plows over it.
Does anyone have any better suggestions or should i just call it a day once and for all? this thing really does depress me.
Old 06.04.2009, 10:40 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Default re:Virus is not seen anymore, help!

see attatched pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 2.jpg (19.0 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 3.jpg (14.8 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Picture 4.jpg (13.2 KB, 12 views)
Old 06.04.2009, 11:39 AM
Very mucho Newbie

it sounds as if it hasnt fully updated the virus firmware. i had a similar problem. the installer needs to be extracted to the hard disk then run, mine stalled too at two-thirds through as i was trying to run the installer from winrar but it went ok when run after extracted and run from the disk. at 66% it starts the actual update on the virus unit so i guess it need to be fully extracted to do that.

if you get a successful complete update on the virus and still get the device not recognised message that might be a different matter.
the device unrecognised thing ive also experienced where the drivers are not found and solved by either unplugging the virus power socket then plugging back in and restarting the virus or if that doesnt work and the device is still unrecognised i reinstalled the firmware and drivers by unpluging power then restarting whilst holding down the exit button to get it in to update mode (otherwise the installer cant be run for it whilst unrecognised) and the installer can then be run for the virus. another thread about that at http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...434#post286434

Last edited by 00264167 : 06.04.2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06.04.2009, 11:56 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Unplug the virus from AC power and then plug it back.
Old 06.04.2009, 08:23 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Thanks guys, i had already pretty much tried all this and gave up, anyway i woke up this morning unlpugged the power again and attempted the firmware update one more time and i can't believe it but it actually went through the whole process without a hitch and everything seems normal now, so very strange, maybe it was just tired and needed a good night's sleep, i know i did

oh btw, when i finally got around to opening the plugin it says, 'initializing virus and syncing memory this might take a couple of seconds'
well if you check any dictionary a couple means 2. so 2 seconds???
i think that might need changing to minutes, there's definitely no seconds involved.
CB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFoxX View Post
Unplug the virus from AC power and then plug it back.
Old 07.04.2009, 09:56 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I think it's only the first time it takes a while? I remember when I last upgraded the OS, the sync took a couple minutes. These days it's down to 5-10 sec at most.

-Annikk