Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.03.2009, 10:14 PM
Am starting to like this forum

arrgh. I can't reproduce this but...

...am i NOT supposed to be able to switch the 'CHARACTERS' mode on the fly?

I just did this with a simple watch (with WAVE PWM) as oscillators, and I got the loudest short pop/click right in my eardrum. owww...

anyone else get this?
Old 05.03.2009, 10:41 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to fornax

I am not even getting the update to work. :P It stops during firmware update, all the time.
I tried different types of firmware versions now. I get the same error on them all. The installer says it is done. But the Virus acts like it is frozen in update mode (It probably is).

Info
Access Virus TI Keyboard.
Windows XP SP2
Old 05.03.2009, 11:01 PM

I would like to add that all the updates have worked for me so far, as a standalone device. I am on Mac, but my TI is the older desktop. Tomorrow I pick up the TI2, so we'll see if the updates still work then...
Old 05.03.2009, 11:10 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to fornax

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornax View Post
I am not even getting the update to work. :P It stops during firmware update, all the time.
I tried different types of firmware versions now. I get the same error on them all. The installer says it is done. But the Virus acts like it is frozen in update mode (It probably is).

Info
Access Virus TI Keyboard.
Windows XP SP2

I fixed the problem. I will be very specific on how I did it. I tried to update it once again. Then while the firmware was updating. I did surf http://www.vintagesynth.com/ and it worked! Now 3.0.1.06 is installed.
Old 05.03.2009, 11:57 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by fornax View Post
I fixed the problem. I will be very specific on how I did it. I tried to update it once again. Then while the firmware was updating. I did surf http://www.vintagesynth.com/ and it worked! Now 3.0.1.06 is installed.
Hahahahaah!
________
Suzuki Ignis

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06.03.2009, 06:03 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Thank you Marc! My third USB output is back to working normally. You get the biggest online high-5 that I can give you over the forums. The update went without a hitch and I didn't even have to reset the Virus after the update which I had to do every time I tried to reinstall v3.0.1.04. Again, kudos to Marc and Access for pulling out this update with the quickness.
Old 06.03.2009, 06:19 AM

I can has afraid.
Old 06.03.2009, 08:42 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

There is still one obvious bug left. The Key Follow Base parameter shows one octave higher value (default C2) than is realy set (default C1). The graphical representation in VC shows correct value (default C1).
Old 06.03.2009, 08:52 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by brambos View Post
This release works a lot better for me (Virus TI Snow, Cubase 4 Studio) than the previous 3.0 beta versions. This version is actually very usable, whereas previous versions would crash my snow within minutes.

The only [obvious] bug I've found is: in the patch browser in VC, I can't select presets from the bottom (second) box of the browser. If I click a preset in this box, it will actually select its counterpart in the top-box. Does this also happen on other TIs or just with the Snow?

Thanks a lot for this update! I *love* the looks of the new VC so much more than the old version...
I experienced the bug you found too. After restarting the vius it works well again, but later the bug is back again.

I also experienced that when switching sounds during play the synchronisation is constantly lost and in 2 hours times the virus 6 times crashes!! Notes will hang then and there is a loud noise coming out of the virus and nothing works anymore. After restarting everything works again.
This is the first time (OS) I experience crashes.

XPsp3, Virus Ti Desktop, SX3
Old 06.03.2009, 09:55 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pighood View Post
I can has afraid.
No need to be afraid. You can safely experiment with the new OS beta versions (if you're not under deadline pressure, that is) since you can always revert back to older versions like 2.7.x whenever you want.

Just enjoy!