Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

View Poll Results: Have you ordered a TI?
I have no plans of buying a TI 12 27.27%
I have pre-ordered the TI and I am waiting 17 38.64%
I had a pre-order, but I cancelled 8 18.18%
I will order a TI when they come out (if they ever come out) 7 15.91%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06.04.2005, 11:56 AM
This forum member lives here

I have no intention of buying a Ti........I still havent reached full potential with my C (RackXL), so all those new features would probably be wasted on me

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 07.04.2005, 04:02 PM
New here
New here

I had a pre-order that I cancelled. I think I made the right decision. In fact, I wish I had cancelled it even earlier. I'm happy with the stuff I bought instead (UAD StudioPak, Minimonsta, ARP2600, TriTone EQs, and other software) and I'm actually making music instead of checking this forum everyday waiting for some overly-hyped, untested machine.

I'm going to wait until the TI has had the bejesus tested out of it by both reviewers and users before buying one. That'll probably be like a year from now.
Old 07.04.2005, 04:20 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Me not buying either. I thought about the Polar when it was announced and I could tell my Sweetwater rep. wanted me to get on the list but I didn't. I'm sure glad I didn't too. I'm happy with my C and maybe in the future when I re-evaluate my sound needs I'll consider.
Old 07.04.2005, 04:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Keeping customers hanging on like this is an obvious marketting ploy.

It keeps the noise around the product release happening and the more people hear about it, the more people will begin to wonder what all the fuss is about on this 'newest big thing' thats about to hit the electro music stores. Suspense, imagination of how good its going to be, the glee of being amongst the first to get your hands on it before the many others, the delight of at last getting it after all this time etc.. etc..

Access know that the majority of you/we will buy the TI no matter what, even if pre-orders are cancelled just now out of frustration.

By the short and curlies

ps - Hi, i'm new here and cant wait to get my hands on this damn thing
Old 08.04.2005, 01:19 AM

welcome to virusforum invisibl

i have to agree with you here - and i appreciate that fact you call it as you see it - rather than the access ass-kissing i have seen of late on this forum.

i too look forward to getting my hands on the TI - one day

cheers

blay
Old 08.04.2005, 05:14 PM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to Dovdimus Prime

I've got a Virus C - why should I spend another grand or whatever on a synth that will presumably sound near identical?
Old 08.04.2005, 05:22 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Lets see......for all the new features that wont make it sound identical?

ten
Old 08.04.2005, 05:41 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I have a preorder I'm not cancelling. I was all but done with hardware synths until the TI popped up, offering me exactly what I want -- essentially just plugin DSP power for my computer. Unlike I guess most of you here, I'm not as sensitive to the nuances of modern VAs, frankly they pretty much all sound good enough for me. The TI sold me on features, not sound -- integration, polyphony, and complete FX per channel because I'm sick of hassling with routing channels to FX busses in synths.

I know the XStations offer fairly tight integration but it doesn't look like it's done as well, streaming in as ASIO. The VSynth OS 2.0 is close, also, but I don't buy keyboards and I'm not shelling out $2200 for the rack (I got my TI desktop for $1600).

If someone would have released a similar synth at Messe I would probably have cancelled, but to my amazement the only other thing with a VST interface I've seen is the Lexicon MX200. I really would have thought some other manufacturer would have at least ANNOUNCED something like this, even if they hadn't actually started designing it. The Roland Fantom line strikes me as an obvious candidate, it's already got the USB port, just do something useful with it.

Anyway, the wait is unfortunate but I'm not crippled without it so for me it's no big deal.
Old 09.04.2005, 08:33 AM
New here
New here

Send a message via MSN to Dovdimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Lets see......for all the new features that wont make it sound identical?

ten
Dunno mate. I'd really rather spend that kind of money on new stuff that would be totally different, rather than a little bit different.

I really want to get Reaktor. Anyone here use that?