Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.10.2005, 10:01 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default I really don't believe this...

What the hell is going on over at Access? I'm sorry, I'm just so frustated right now. I've spent the last few weeks composing some songs in MIDI with my Virus TI and the Yamaha Motif ES7 I bought to go with it. Yeah, I know I should've recorded them to audio, but now I update to 1.0.5 and my damn Virus TI is clicking and popping on every sound through the right channel. This happens even when I just use headphones, no other connections than the power. I'm just getting so mad that they won't tell us what's really going on over there. Ben just gives us vague answers telling us to wait. He must know what the fundamental problem is. I didn't pay 2 grand to wait a year to be a beta tester for their half-ass product. I've been a faithful Access user since the beginning, (Access A, Access B, Access KC, and now the TI) I've been so excited for the TI, all the promises all the, 'just a few more months,' all the ,'just wait for the next update. It would really relieve a lot of people if you just told us the truth Ben, or just tell us something that's tangible and of substance. Why can't you do that? There can only be two reasons that I can see. 1) you know this product is fundamentally flawed and it's never really going to deliver or 2) you're a sadist who enjoys torturing his customers. It's obvious something is really wrong over there. Yes, I know this post is angry and yes I'm venting. If I get banned for this post, so be it. Unless, Mr. Crosland gives us some real info instead of jerking us around, I will be returning my TI and will never buy another product from Access again. It's just not right. I do know you guys are working hard, but it ain't happening. Can you promise us all that one day the TI will be a fully functioning product? Can you? I'll leave it at that.
Old 29.10.2005, 10:23 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Now it's happening on both sides...sounds like static popping. It happens much less in single mode, but in multimode under onechannel setting it happens like crazy. It's gotta be a software glitch.
Old 29.10.2005, 11:12 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Check your patch isn't using this:

"It's the LFO modultating the Arp Pattern that causes it. "
from Ben.

I had one patch that would kill my machine (well not kill, but make screach buzzy digital distortions)

orig post here...
http://www.sunesha.nu/virusforum/viewtopic.php?t=4359
Old 29.10.2005, 11:24 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Yeah, but it happens on every single patch. I can play just one non-arpeggiated note on any patch and the static sound happens. I tried it on all the outputs and like I said it even happens in single or multimode, but less so in single mode. And it also happens when I just plug in some headphones with no other connections to it. It all started happening right after I installed 1.05. I'm going to try and revert back to beta version or version 1.03 if possible and see if that fixes things. Thanks. I know I was angry earlier and we're lucky to even have Ben talk to us at all, but I'm just getting really worried. I don't think I can even return my TI at this point. Maybe it's hardware related, I don't know. If it is, and I am allowed to return it, I won't be getting another TI though. Probably an Alesis ION. They actually sound pretty decent.
Old 29.10.2005, 11:26 AM

Default Re: I really don't believe this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyur
What the hell is going on over at Access? I'm sorry, I'm just so frustated right now. I've spent the last few weeks composing some songs in MIDI with my Virus TI and the Yamaha Motif ES7 I bought to go with it. Yeah, I know I should've recorded them to audio, but now I update to 1.0.5 and my damn Virus TI is clicking and popping on every sound through the right channel. This happens even when I just use headphones, no other connections than the power. I'm just getting so mad that they won't tell us what the hell is going on over there. Ben just gives us vague answers telling us to wait. He knows, he knows what the fundamental problem is. I didn't pay 2 grand to wait a year to be a beta tester for their half-ass product. I've been a faithful Access user since the beginning, (Access A, Access B, Access KC, and now the TI) I've been so excited for the TI, all the promises all the, 'just a few more months,' all the ,'just wait for the next update. It would really relieve a lot of people if you just told us the truth Ben, or just tell us something that's tangible and of substance. Why can't you do that? There can only be two reasons that I can see. 1) you know this product is fundamentally flawed and it's never really going to deliver or 2) you're a sadist who enjoys torturing his customers. It's obvious something is really wrong over there. Yes, I know this post is angry and yes I'm venting. If I get banned for this post, so be it. Unless, Mr. Crosland gives us some real info instead of jerking us around, I will be returning my TI and will never buy another product from Access again. It's just not right. I do know you guys are working hard, but it ain't happening. Can you promise us all that one day the TI will be a fully functioning product? Can you? I'll leave it at that.
I feel exactly the same
Its all about money thats all it ever is
im about to test mine today with the new update 1.05
so ill be back on but yes im angry
Old 29.10.2005, 12:27 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Don't blame Ben. He ISN'T an Access developer/programmer, merely a demo-ist, sound-tweaker, and bug-reporter/tester for Access.

And this isn't an official support forum. It's a peer-to-peer support and discussion forum.

Aim your vents in the direction of the official Access support channels.
From reading between the lines (far and few between, though they are!), Access seem to be working flat out to correct stuff, even though they're tight-lipped.

I'm not trying to depreciate your problems nor excuse Access' deficiencies, so please don't read it that way. The Access directive themselves seemingly have a lot to learn about PR.
Old 29.10.2005, 12:47 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I'm wasn't trying to blame Ben. I'm frustated because he obviously knows a lot more than he's telling us, but like I said we're lucky he even posts here at all. Also, I know they are working hard. But I guess it came to the point where they had to release a buggy product to start covering expenses and unfortunately the end users have to pay the price for their overambitious plans. I think if someone from the company took the time to tell us here or on the website what's this debacle is all about people would be a lot happier and feel more at ease. I don't think it's a PR problem it's a big-time screw-up problem. I guess it's really a catch 22 for them though, Access is in a really shi**y position right now and I'm sure everyone there is sweating it out more than we are and are probably quite embarassed as well. I guess they really can't say anything. What would the pro audio community think? Their image has already been severely tarnished and the fact that they can't even tell us anything other than pretty much nothing is pretty scary if you think about it. I mean pre-release, no words for months at a time and then finally they release a product that is utterly subpar hoping to fix bugs as they pop up through this website. How could the TI even have been close to ready when they've already release 3 updates in less than a month? I've been dealing with electronic audio for over a decade, I know it takes time to learn new gear and there's always problems/conflicts between devices, but I've never seen anything like this and I've never been so frustated and angry at a product and a company. I just want to know if the TI will ever work as promised. I guess for me it's not worth the stress of losing over $2000 dollars and I've made up my mind and if I can I'm going to return mine, but If they ever get this beta machine working, I'll buy it again. The sounds are fantastic to say the least, but what good are they if you can't even use them. I wish I had kept my KC...
Old 29.10.2005, 01:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Firstly: I don't appreciate being given a hard time for the problems you are experiencing. If you would prefer me to stop posting to this forum, then so be it - otherwise, kindly give me a break.

Now then..

There is no 'fundamental problem'.

Yes, there are a few bugs, some of them known and in the process of being fixed - others probably haven't even been discovered yet. This is the nature of software. They will gradually get fewer and further between. FWIW - I find the TI to be remarkably bug-free given the complexity of the system, and the fact it has to communicate with a zillion different computer hardware configurations and software hosts.

There is not a known issue with outputs crackling that I am aware of - have you tried a reset (Press Arp Edit before Power On)?

If it does turn out you have a hardware fault, then you have my commiserations, but I think it unlikely, given that it only cropped up after an update. It is always a good policy to do a hard reset after flashing the OS.
Old 29.10.2005, 01:53 PM
Am starting to like this forum

guyer

what settings are you using in your host ?

give all and full details please both midi and audio settings
Yamaha MSP-10 Monitors & O1V96 (v2)
4x19 TFT Screens & Big Ben + Plenty of toys (one of them is the virus TI
Old 29.10.2005, 03:59 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

With all due respect to everyone. Do you guys actually read the posts?

First to Ben, I'm sorry. Like I said, two times, we are lucky to have you here. I thought I made it clear after my initial posting that I wasn't intentionally directing my frustations at you, but I guess you didn't pick up on that and I would hate to see you go on my pitiful account. I just lost my cool after paying for this thing last year, checking the access site religiously for updates, finally getting it, and then in my opinion it's still not ready for release. FWIW, it seems like a lot of people are experiencing problems with their TI, moreso than any other synth I can recall using in the past 10 years. I don't know exactly what your role with Access is, but I'm sure you have a lot of inside info, and I'm sure you're probably not allowed to discuss it regardless. So all is null. I guess we'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and maybe over the next few months this thing will be a little more stable. Cheers.

To midislut, like I said in two of my posts I get the crackling without the TI plugged into any external gear. I noticed it while running it through my DAW then I disconnected all midi and usb connections and just plugged the headphones straight in and the power cord with the same results. I've reloaded driver update 1.03 and the weird thing is the problem didn't dissapear right away, but after about 5 min. things were back to normal. I have no clue.