Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 26.10.2005, 01:50 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default external MIDI gear with the Ti??

access advises that the USB cable attach direct to your comp (mine a dual g5)... how are other's accessing their external MIDI gear? --esp w/o a usb-hub? my POLAR Ti is arriving on thursday and i want to know how to set it up prior to its arrival...

tv
Old 26.10.2005, 02:01 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Oh boy are you going to have some fun! Who wants to tell them?
Old 26.10.2005, 03:52 AM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

it would help to be specific and not cheeky mate...
Old 26.10.2005, 05:49 AM
Veteran
Veteran

We (TI owners) are just waiting for some updates from Access to make using the TI trouble free, there's a few bugs especially when using USB with the TI - timing of arpegiators and other things. If you already use a midi interface use that for now with the TI and wait for the updates like the rest of us.
Old 26.10.2005, 06:48 AM
This forum member lives here

Yeah, for connecting other gear just use your MIDI interface and stay away from USB

Have fun when your Ti arrives!!!!

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 26.10.2005, 04:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I have my TI keyboard connected to my PC via USB *and* connected to an Edirol UM880 MIDI patch bay (via MIDI obviously).

So long as I am not running Virus Control (it seems) then it I can use the TI to control other MIDI synths and can control it from my v-synth's keyboard.

As soon I start Virus control - the following seems to happen:

1. Local Control is switched off
2. Outputs default to USB
3. MIDI data from the TI ceases to be avilable on the TI's MIDI ports (Grrrr!)

So - after starting Virus Control, I switch audio back to analog out 1, and on the TI config menus, re-enable local control. I still havnt found a way to renable the midi ports which is making the TI a bit useless as a external synth control while Virus Control is running.

One oddity here Im am sure I have had TI MIDI port working at the same time as Virus Control at some time...

Anyone else shed some light on this?

The TI is supposed the have a dedicated remote mode - that isnt implemented in the current TI OS.

After the continual fun and games everytime I start Virus Control - I emailed support to suggest they add some permenant and global config options to it to stop it switching off local control and switching audio to USB.

Oh yeh - guess I should say that the TI's MIDI clock is hosed - ither generating it or slaving.
Old 26.10.2005, 05:03 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

i'll post a report when i get mine (tomorrow) and start running it thru it's paces...
with MIDI (not usb) are there any problems with using it as a master keyboard at the moment?
--the SYNC-problems are a major major (foundational) no-no! this should never be an issue and really needs to be sorted. analog synths like this create much of their signature by arpeggiators and a solid sync.

...access--? what's the scoop?
tv
Old 26.10.2005, 07:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul
As soon I start Virus control - the following seems to happen:

1. Local Control is switched off
Yes - why would you want this on if you are using the V Control?

Quote:
2. Outputs default to USB
Of course.

Quote:
3. MIDI data from the TI ceases to be avilable on the TI's MIDI ports (Grrrr!)
Have you tried setting Config>MIDI>out hidden = ON?
Old 26.10.2005, 08:07 PM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpnyc
analog synths like this create much of their signature by arpeggiators and a solid sync.
though the Virus ain't analog at all
Old 26.10.2005, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpnyc
i'll post a report when i get mine (tomorrow) and start running it thru it's paces...
with MIDI (not usb) are there any problems with using it as a master keyboard at the moment?
--the SYNC-problems are a major major (foundational) no-no! this should never be an issue and really needs to be sorted. analog synths like this create much of their signature by arpeggiators and a solid sync.

...access--? what's the scoop?
tv
I have stressed the importance of the arpegiator so its good to know im not alone here . i have written to access and they hve confirmed the midi sync is a real fault amongts TI user and are working on it ..... I still find it hard to believe given the amount of complaints about this that all the pre sales tests at access failed to pick this out as a major fault that in all honesty is an absolute pisser and personel i thinks it bang out of order and it better be fixed very soon because given the length of time its taken to hit the streets im not holding my breath..