Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 08.10.2005, 08:20 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Default TI Arp bug?

Can anyone else confirm this arp bug...

This is how I have mine set and it replicates the bug perfectly each time.

1) Select a patch with an arp to part 1 routed to USB1/2

2) Select a different patch with an arp to part 2 routed to OUT1/2

3) Have two separate tracks in your seq, part 1 to track 1, part 2 to track 2.

4) Edit part 1s arp settings, then switch to part 2 and play with its arp settings.

5) Then play both tracks together in the seq. You should hear both parts playing with part 2s arp settings even though part 1 has its own totally unique arp.

I can replicate this every time and it?s a real pain in the arse I can tell you

Using Cubase SX 3.1 on PC - VC 1.0.2r2

ten
Old 08.10.2005, 09:57 AM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

Good set of repro steps - have you posted this to Access support?

I have been having a whole load of issues with Arps and Multi or Seq modes. Worst has probably been in multi mode - arps taking half a second or so to response to a key press.
Old 08.10.2005, 10:02 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Ok Ive had one person confirm this arp bug.

Damn after the initial 'w00t I own a virus TI' when you sit down and try to write a song its quite depressing how hard it is because of so many bugs.

Just a couple of things Ive noticed when trying to use the TI...

* Playing back a song and going through patches on a track to see what fits - editing the arp causes audio pops/glitches (any latency)

* Mixing down the usb outputs at low latency causes audio warps, pops, clicks ,farts, even pitch bends on certain tracks (yes I am bouncing down in real-time)

* When patch volume has been lowered in vcontrol turning off and on the virus hardware the patch will sound at full volume again even though its still lowered in vcontrol.

* Quite random pitch drop of tracks/patches for no apparent reason while playing a track on usb outputs (any latency)

* On mixdown arp timing is randomly all over the place. Cant pinpoint it, because it sounds fine in the seq but sometimes I mixdown and the arp timing is well out (any latency)

All of these problems occured with only the Virus TI loaded and in use. No other vstis or plugin effects were loaded at all.

There are a few other things, but they are so hard to pinpoint and I really cba tbh. Two things strike me, the arp hates to be modified in anyway and can cause all kinds of audio problems. The USB implementation is quite poor and very buggy. At the moment you have to do things in a certain order to stop certain bugs appearing and its a real workflow killer. I would of hoped that 10 month delay would of sorted most of this out, I dread to think what kind of state it was in last December.

Using the hardware outs is useable to write a song at the moment but USB for me anyway the virus is nothing more than a glorified patch browser and midi controller. Certainly not what I had hoped for from ?1500 hard earned etc /rant.

btw, basic system spec is:

supermicro H8DCE motherboard
Dual dualcore opteron 275s (quad cpu)
4 gig ram
raptor hds
RME fireface soundcard

cubase sx 3.1 - vcontrol 1.0.2r2

ten :
Old 08.10.2005, 10:53 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul

I have been having a whole load of issues with Arps and Multi or Seq modes. Worst has probably been in multi mode - arps taking half a second or so to response to a key press.
Yea Iam get the same thing at certain latencies, arp seems delayed....god damn the arp is buggy.

Ive spent the last 5 hours this morning trying do start a song with the TI. I have got NOTHING done because of all these bugs just completely halting production. Ive lost count how many times ive had to reload cubase or reboot the virus hardware because the sound has gone to shit......really disapointed now

ten
Old 08.10.2005, 04:17 PM

well, this is extremely disappointing news to hear. I don't have the ti yet, so I can't confirm, but you guys seem to have shown that the issue isn't machine specific but rather an actual synth wide one. Has anyone from Access commented on this yet?
Old 08.10.2005, 05:18 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Ive sent my findings to access support.

The big problem is most of these are really tempremental bugs as in they are very random and difficult to pin down or reproduce successfully each time, but they are definately there.

After a bit more play time it looks like most them are stemming from using the arp. Its very finicky and latency dependant or so it seems, and is causing a whole bunch of problems with timing and audio glitches in play or mixdown.

I will do some more tests over the next week to try and narrow things down some more...its a real shame cos the sounds this thing makes are astounding.

ten
Old 08.10.2005, 06:03 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

hey ten, are those arp problems only occuring when you are using the USB for audio.

Do they dissapear (the problems) when you use the hardware outs.

by the way, if one was to use the virus control solely like the sounddiver was used for VIRUS C, (therefore just using the hardware outs) do all the problems dissapear?. that means all of the problems.

just wondering if using USB AUDIO is the only major hassle for ACCESS, TO FIX UP and concentrate on.
Old 08.10.2005, 06:10 PM
Veteran
Veteran

They are exacerbated when using the USB outputs. They are still there with the hardware outputs but a lot less. There are still problems when using the hardware outs into the virus control, just not as many

ten
Old 09.10.2005, 10:08 AM
New here
New here

Default Same Here

Hello;

I am new to this forum and new to the Virus as well most hardware, and I am glad (ironically), that it was the TI arp that was buggy and not me. I have found that the arp seems to be creative about timing, slowing and speeding up for no apparent reason. The drunken sailor effect. I thought maybe I had failed to synchronize the virus with my sequencer, but this was no so. Not a minor bug by any means. As a hobbiest, this is frustrating, but if you rely on your gear for a living, that is horrifying.

Blessings,
Damon
Old 16.10.2005, 12:50 AM

Default Re: Same Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunepoet
Hello;

I am new to this forum and new to the Virus as well most hardware, and I am glad (ironically), that it was the TI arp that was buggy and not me. I have found that the arp seems to be creative about timing, slowing and speeding up for no apparent reason. The drunken sailor effect. I thought maybe I had failed to synchronize the virus with my sequencer, but this was no so. Not a minor bug by any means. As a hobbiest, this is frustrating, but if you rely on your gear for a living, that is horrifying.

Blessings,
Damon
I use a hardware sequencer and my ti is also showing serious arp sync problems ..mainly in multi mode .. this is so disturbing i will be sending the ti back if my cry for help reaches a dead end any body else finding the arp to be casing timing problems in multi mode or any mode for that matter this has really passed me off