Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 29.10.2005, 05:48 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Throwing in the towel...

I'm through with the TI. I've got a week left to return it and I've just had enough. It's just one thing after another. The majority of my problems revolve around the synth engine itself, and not to mention when running on host applications from Logic to Nuendo. And yes, I've tried the USB route and the midi/analog route. This thing is f***ed. I hope you can get your act together Access or you guys won't be around much longer. One more thing, I might have held on to it if you guys did a little better in the PR department. As it's been mentioned numerous times, people just want to know what the game plan is. From all the posts I've read it seems that only about 5% of people can actually get the TI working and then when only doing tedious workarounds, and only about 2% have no problems at all. You keep saying that each OS update things will get better, but they just seem to get worse. And I know what I'm doing with it comes to DAWs and Midi,etc. I've been doing this stuff for over a decade and have never experienced anything so frustrating. I've spent about 100 hours trying to get this thing to work and I'm done. Sorry Access, your plans were too ambitious. You've lost one loyal customer.

Bill
Old 29.10.2005, 05:53 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Sorry to hear that Guy. Things will change.....perhaps just not fast enough for you and others....

Im sure it'll all get ironed out by if and when the MKII comes out. Thats the one im holding out for.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 29.10.2005, 06:23 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yeah, hang in there... its a monster synth with so many great (b)leading edge attributes.
As you can see Access are dilligently working on and releasing bug fixes quite quickly.
Old 29.10.2005, 06:32 PM

Quote:
From all the posts I've read it seems that only about 5% of people can actually get the TI working and then when only doing tedious workarounds, and only about 2% have no problems at all.

Only 2% eh? I can't help but wonder about all those contented TI users, too busy grooving and tweaking away to be even thinking of posting onto Internet forums.

If I wasn't having a problem, would I be here reading this ?

Mr O
Old 29.10.2005, 06:48 PM
Am starting to like this forum

if i have to give back all the software and hardware i bought and run in studios because of teething problems...well ...then the music world is not for me IMHO

this is brand new technology and if it was working 100% i would have been skeptical if it was realy new

access will get it working fine dude...or do you think they like pissing us off all day

what i would like to get from the access guys is to give us guidelines in how to run this beast with other gear...the manual is realy just a glorified index with no substance ( if i have to compare to other hardware synths)
Yamaha MSP-10 Monitors & O1V96 (v2)
4x19 TFT Screens & Big Ben + Plenty of toys (one of them is the virus TI
Old 29.10.2005, 08:02 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Send a message via MSN to Xtigma

.... its only been out a few weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i remember it took them 6 months or something to release the first fix for cubase.. so far we have had 3 updates in 3 weeks.
Old 29.10.2005, 08:27 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to Panopticon

I, for one, don't blame you at all. A month ago I spent $1100 on a microphone, and if I got it home and couldn't record a track without clicks, dropouts, or whatever, there's no way in hell I'd wait around for them to fix it. There's other gear that works. Virus C's work fine, and at half the price of the TI.
I can't afford to have gear that doesn't work right, and while I use a fair amount of software, the stuff that I use works, and I don't fuck with a working system. If I try out a piece of software (or hardware, for that matter), and it's buggy, sounds bad, or just doesn't live up to my expectations, it goes back to the store without a second thought. I make my living doing this, and I'm not tying up money hoping that the developer will come around at some point. Sure, they usually do, but that's money and time lost for me sitting on a piece of kit that's doing nothing but losing value.
I was never worried about when the TI would come out, I figured they'd release it when they got it right...and I'm sure they're doing the best they can trying to get everything up to snuff, but the fact is that the TI just isn't right, and other manufacturers are simultaneously releasing a lot of products that operate on all platforms, and while there may be an occasional glitch on the occasional system, the stuff works. That's not the case with the TI, it's too far off in too many ways.

I'd get rid of it, too.
Old 29.10.2005, 09:22 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

FanBoys got all the time in the world.
its true. when you spend money on something you expect it to work
out of the box.
you shouldnt be expected to beta test and document problems...
this is why you pay a full consumer price.

instead what may happen is all you kind folks that sort out all the bugs
will be rewarded by seeing the price drop a few dollars next year.
then the people that buy it at that time will have a full working product.
funny how that works.
Old 29.10.2005, 09:34 PM

Well i to make a living out of music so i totally agree with the points in this thread

I wonder if dj tiesto puts up with a faulty virus hmmm,..................
Old 29.10.2005, 09:38 PM
Am starting to like this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionclub
Well i to make a living out of music so i totally agree with the points in this thread

I wonder if dj tiesto puts up with a faulty virus hmmm,..................

dj tiesto is a dj and not a pro music producer dude
Yamaha MSP-10 Monitors & O1V96 (v2)
4x19 TFT Screens & Big Ben + Plenty of toys (one of them is the virus TI