Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 06.05.2004, 06:59 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default Help wanted: Prodigy-Poison

I was trying to recreate a sound from prodigys poison yesterday (The lead sound that starts playing right at the beginning of the song). I think it?s originally made with juno because Liam used it heavily for the album and it sounds like one. I haven?t got it quite right yet. I don?t know what?s wrong with it. It just doesn?t sound like the original. So the problem is the sound itself (to make it clear enough, the oscillator and filter settings are not right). I just don?t get the acidy character of the sound out of the virus. Can someone please try to help me a little here? What should I do with it?
Old 08.05.2004, 08:07 PM
Veteran
Veteran

I think i know what u r talkin about but please post a sample...

Thanx
Blank
Old 08.05.2004, 10:46 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

I'd try saw for osc1 and square for osc2. Then just tweak the filters (12dB). Not a very complex sound.

Edit: I think the filter section will be the hardest part to get right.
Old 10.05.2004, 05:26 AM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Yes, I think the filters are the hardest to emulate. I got the oscillators right without your help (you?re right about the oscillator settings Juho) but I still have some problems with the filters. There?s still something missing.

Sorry blank but I can?t post a sample because I don?t have internet at home and I?m not authorized to do that in my school.