Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 11.04.2005, 02:39 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
Its totally relevant. Different situations require different actions. Do you really think a few gimps from this forum cancelling their pre-orderes will make access think 'OH MY GOD, LOOK, PEOPLE ARE CANCELLING THIER PRE-ORDERS, ALL 11 OF THEM. Quick lets recruit more staff and work 12 hour shifts to remedy this catastrophic situation' lol
did you not read my post before you decided to spout off like an idiot?

READ.

i shall quote it again for your benefit so you dont have to go looking for it:

Quote:
if enough people really wanted to show that access shouldnt be getting away with this they would cancel their preorders and they wouldnt need to put it to public scrutiny first. if enough people do it, then access really will have to revise their pre sales strategy because they stand to lose something significant - sales and customer loyality. the sad part is that the internet is full of people spouting idle threats. who get worked up. threaten to cancel their preorder but dont actually do it. or people that wallow in cynicism, bask in the chance to vent some and keep waiting on the TI anyway. because they really want it and they just love venting spleen.

hence.

cancel it. or wait it out. theres little point debating the pros and cons because there are so few hard facts about the TI for anyone to really make an informed judgement as to whether its worth holding out or worth spending the money elsewhere. just do whatever feels right. access has already lost a few customers because of the wait and the hesitation over the usb spec and OS stability. they have probably gained a few more over the hype/buildup.
and as for access taking as long as they will take. thats not a very good business strategy. at some point everyone has to draw a line in the sand and say (once we have this, this and this. then its done. it has to go out the door). otherwise you could just keep adding features or tweaking existing features forever.

i think access have already done that though and i see no reason why they would slack off. so yea, i agree with ben although its speculation on my part - i cant see how access can benefit in anyway by dallying around any longer.

still. it would be wise not to pull a duke nukem forever. 7 years in development and still unknown as to whether its near completion. not a whisper in the past 4 years either. lets say many people (myself included) just dont really care about it anymore. they missed their window of opportunity. this whole access thing is like a smaller, not so bad version of that.

but even if they lose some customers they also lose with that some customer loyalty. and those who have bad experiences with access are more than likely to share their views with others or vocalise it on harmony central or any other site that hosts user reviews. and that in turn makes other people more hesitant. its stupid to suggest any company can throw away any number of customers and laugh it off because its a small number. i cant remember how many people ive recommended to buy a virus b. ive posted a lengthy, generally positive harmony central review and people on tranceaddict ask me what its like and for my recommendations. yes, keeping customers happy is a very important thing. hence the fine line in the sand.

sit back. chill out. crack open a beer and forget about it till its out. no point busting an artery over the issue. if you werent so cynical i would recommend you drop your pre order. but since thats not going to happen you might as well make your own time a little more fun and a little less 'angry'

my 2 pence.
Old 11.04.2005, 02:42 PM
This forum member lives here

C'mon children. Make music not war.

Lets cut the provocative crap and keep it real and on topic.

Hehe

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 11.04.2005, 02:55 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

lengthy edit.

its good to maintain zen like calm in times of desperation (sorry i find this absolutely hilarious. starving access junkies needing a fix).

getting angry on the intarweb is futile. and a bit stupid really. i maintain: cancel it. or dont. theres really no point debating it.
Old 11.04.2005, 04:01 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Yet you continue to anyway

Im far from angry, but I maintain it sad some people cant accept some things change and some things never change no matter what you do... take one of those beers for your self

ten
Old 11.04.2005, 04:47 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

You guys both bring interresting points!

I usually tend to disagree with what Derek says, but his last post has some really good points as well...

I'm still going to wait for my TI, even tho I'm starting to realize that it might just be a "dream machine", too good to be true!

Let's hope Access is going to be able to deliver
Old 11.04.2005, 07:28 PM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default cancel

>If you want to cancel and get something else fine, but dont be a child and do it to make some kind of totally pointless statement.

Yawn.
Old 17.04.2005, 04:53 AM
New here
New here

i didnt sell my INDIGO C and im not cancelling my order

access is solid with me whether they take 5 months or 5 years

its quality control

period
Old 05.05.2005, 09:58 PM

Im not sure whether cancelling the pro-order is a great move. Not now that Access have released the TI manual. The wait for the TI might not be too long now....

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 05.05.2005, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
Im not sure whether cancelling the pro-order is a great move. Not now that Access have released the TI manual. The wait for the TI might not be too long now....

DS
DS, you are asuch a sucker. You are the ideal target that Access is aiming at to hold onto their pre-orders by releasing this kind of shoe-string stuff.
Old 05.05.2005, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
DS, you are asuch a sucker. You are the ideal target that Access is aiming at to hold onto their pre-orders by releasing this kind of shoe-string stuff.
That would be true....if I was a pre-orderer....but im not lol. Im just waiting....

There's nothing worse than jumping the gun...buying some other gear then to find out that if you had waited another week or two...then you'd have ended up what you really wanted. My logic is, Ive waited 6 months....im not going to give up now....if I followed that strategy....I should have bought something as soon as they missed their first deadline.

Yeeehaaa....

DS