Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 31.05.2012, 01:06 PM
New here
New here

Exclamation Issue updating Virus B (OS 3 to OS 4.x) - SOLVED

I've searched around (and even went as far as posting this in the actual Access site), and have tried all suggestions on the site - which I stumbled upon during my many hours of frustration in attempting to update my (newly purchased, second-hand) Virus B which is (somehow) still running OS 3, to no avail.

Thankfully I still have a PC lying around still running Windows XP, and I've been attempting to use a MOTU Fastlane USB Midi Interface and tried two different Midi Cables with NO success. I have tried updating via WMP, as recommended and even some other suggestions I've found on this site via Google (i.g. Alesis FreeLoader), but the farthest I've gotten is to Receiving Last Bank (15) and then the module freezes (and does NOT prompt me to apply the update.) I also attempted to load the "chunks" into my midi sequencer (an MPC 2500) and had even less luck with that. I even went as far as trying earlier versions of OS 4.x but still had no success. If ANYONE could shed some light or has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by intellectronik : 01.06.2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 01.06.2012, 02:49 AM
New here
New here

Just a quick update (pun intended), I was finally able to successfully update my Virus B to 4.90 (and couldn't be happier.) A little bit of info (in case anyone ever stumbles across this issue again)...TRY A DIFFERENT MIDI INTERFACE. I was originally using a MOTU Fastlane USB interface (which I've used for years with no issues that I was aware of), and went-out today and bought an M-Audio 2x2 Midisport (USB) Interface, and thus, my success story. I used an older PC (still running Windows XP Pro SP3) and just played the OS (.mid) file via Windows Media Player 11 - (as I was previously doing with the MOTU, and failing everytime) and this time I was able to update without a hitch.