Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 21.10.2005, 04:03 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Anyone in here whos interested in making film scores?

I appreciate most people in here enjoy making dance and trance etc. But im interested to discover which members in here use their virus (and other synths) for other genres. Personally i love film scores. When i program synth sounds and play them....i seem to levitate towards Hans Zimmer, Vangelis and Brian Eno styles....

Im a great fan of Hans Zimmers style of writing....I think its genious. And considering he's not classicly trained....it IS genious.

SO what other styles do you guys write/involved in. Anyone into 80's style filmscore....I am!!! Perhaps you could name some of your favourite 80's films scores.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 21.10.2005, 07:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Accualy i find great interest in sound designing and music for Gaming.
after doing my army duty and geting out in.... late 2010 im gone study and look for a job in that region but not before i'l go and seriously study clasical music and basics of composition.
Old 22.10.2005, 01:00 AM

I am doing a project at the moment using images taken from the Pink Floyd DVD "Live in Pompeii", the images being of space, planets etc.... and then also of volcano's, lava flows and eruptions.

We are composing a 5 minute piece inspired by these images, and then editing the images to fit the sound.

The Virus C features heavily in the first half of the piece, using Pink Floyd inspired presets, and other atmospheric pads.

I will post the finished project when we complete it.

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 22.10.2005, 05:39 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

I have a plan of doing a stop-motion playdoe movie with a friend of mine someday. She is going to do the stop-motion filming and modeling and i?m going to make soundeffects and score for it

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk
Old 23.10.2005, 03:08 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
I have a plan of doing a stop-motion playdoe movie with a friend of mine someday. She is going to do the stop-motion filming and modeling and i?m going to make soundeffects and score for it
Hay maybe you can do some stuff for "Wallace and Gromit" they need some new material.....
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 23.10.2005, 04:29 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I actually just got "The Warriors" game in rental(remember that cult classic movie?) and the synths sounds in there area out of this world, really

But when it comes to movie score, I really do like to listen to some but I never really tackled this area, mostly because I don't have much theory in songwriting and I don't have proper surround system to mix on. I'm more interrested in the production side than the writing

But I love doing ambiance music:
http://www.madstation.net/mad_amb.mp3
Old 25.10.2005, 10:54 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Default Re: Anyone in here whos interested in making film scores?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIGITAL SCREAMS
I appreciate most people in here enjoy making dance and trance etc. But im interested to discover which members in here use their virus (and other synths) for other genres. Personally i love film scores. When i program synth sounds and play them....i seem to levitate towards Hans Zimmer, Vangelis and Brian Eno styles....

Im a great fan of Hans Zimmers style of writing....I think its genious. And considering he's not classicly trained....it IS genious.

SO what other styles do you guys write/involved in. Anyone into 80's style filmscore....I am!!! Perhaps you could name some of your favourite 80's films scores.

DS
i did a lot of music to pictures in a previous live. if you're into hans' stuff, aka fairly epic you really should check out what he did with james newton howard on "Batman begins". it's a huge orchestra, recorded in london and it sounds certainly very huge

another guy to recommend is John Powell, who for instance wrote the music for Italian Jon which is a nice blend intween Orchstra and Breakbeat

- marc
Old 26.10.2005, 07:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

I thought the 2003 (?) Italian Job was terrible compering to the original one (197x).
Old 26.10.2005, 10:20 AM

Thx Marc.....i'll check those out!

Music for films *can* add so much atmosphere. I hate it when i watch an otherwise great film where the music sucks. Modern films seem to use big orchestra type arrangements....and thats fair enough....but im a stickler for those minimalist, atmospheric analog synth driven tracks of the late 70's early 80's. I also enjoy the DX7 and Fairlight overkill of mid 80's late 80's tracks too.

Marc have you seen any of these films? WALL STREET (Emulator II strings), FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR (DX7), BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (DX7), GOONIES (various synths), RAIN MAN (DX7, Fairlight) etc etc

Love these scores.....and synth sounds. It would be very cool if you could implement true FM synthesis in a Virus at a later stage.....FM is beautiful.

DS

The SynthWizard has some advice - Back in the 1980's music was better, TV was better, films were better. Not to mention fashion.... Let me help you relive the past with some classic 80's sounds from my vintage synth collection....
Old 26.10.2005, 06:56 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The girl next door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Dunkel
Hay maybe you can do some stuff for "Wallace and Gromit" they need some new material.....
Actually the girl i will be making it with is a huge fan of wallace and gromit

http://www.myspace.com/onkeldunkeldk