Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 24.10.2005, 08:45 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Default TI going back to the shop

Hey,

After a series of support emails, I've been advised by Access to return a faulty unit, and have it replaced. Even basic MIDI operations were not functioning correctly such as:

Failing to consistently send MIDI note data.
Warping patch characteristics by notes played on other channels.
Default INIT patch sound playing across all patches.
Exploding noise from all outputs.
OS Freezing.

and with Virus Control:

Unable to initialise Virus Control alongside an EMI 2|6 Audio Driver.

I am so gutted to have to send the machine back.
Old 24.10.2005, 11:57 PM
This forum member lives here

So will you be getting a replacement, or just getting the cash back?
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 25.10.2005, 03:42 PM
Pro
Pro

Yes, will you be getting a replacement? I've got the cash for one myself but am waiting to see how things are going before I commit. If it's not going to be a Ti then it'll be a Nord G2, but I loved the sound of my Virus C so would prefer to go the way of Access but if it's going to be too much of a headache....
Old 26.10.2005, 09:36 AM
Pro
Pro

Poor access, receiving lots of their TIs back to do an expenxive general check for seing finally that the problem lies in the software...

I mean, what do you think ppl do who are not in this forum nor in the email list? They think their machine has an error because according to access, the box should work properly. They run to the shop and ask what's wrong with it, and since the shop assistant has no clue about anything, he ships it back to access...

That's the punishment for sellling bugs
Old 26.10.2005, 12:43 PM
Pro
Pro

I've been seriously thinking about the whole thing. This is the result:

You guys aren't even betatesting the bugbox, you are alphatesting it. That's it!
Old 26.10.2005, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr. orange
Poor access, receiving lots of their TIs back to do an expenxive general check for seing finally that the problem lies in the software...

I mean, what do you think ppl do who are not in this forum nor in the email list? They think their machine has an error because according to access, the box should work properly. They run to the shop and ask what's wrong with it, and since the shop assistant has no clue about anything, he ships it back to access...

That's the punishment for sellling bugs
Perhaps the features list on their website could be updated to show a more realistic list of specifications.

As you say - if you believed what access are advertising and bought online, you would be more than a little disappointed.

To tell you the truth I fail to see how this falls short of false advertising (?)
Old 26.10.2005, 12:58 PM
Pro
Pro

[quote="blay"]
Quote:

To tell you the truth I fail to see how this falls short of false advertising (?)
I suppose because in some instances the Ti works perfectly fine. It can be seen as more of a reliability problem.
Old 26.10.2005, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Very true Doc.

Infact I took a few mintues today and did a search of what people are saying about the TI on the some of the major boards - I noticed there weren't many people talking about the Total Intergration part of the TI at all, but some of the few posts regarding the TI did actually give links to this forum. Basicly it looks as if the potential buyers aren't fully informed.

The amount of people being frustrated trying to "TI" their TIs is growing, and the fact Access didn't really supply any real info regarding the USB intergration before shipping isn't the best at all. This forum has many disgruntled customers, and the more people linked to this place, the worse it may be for Access.

Lets hope these bugs get fixed as quickly as possible!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 26.10.2005, 01:49 PM
New here
New here

Well after a couple of weeks of upgrading firmware hoping to get my TI to "TI" I have resigned myself to the fact that it probably wont work properly for some time and will be sending it back to the shop. I would rather keep my money in my pocket and wait for the thing to be rectified. Thats not to say im absolutely gutted. I ordered mine back in November 2004! After a year of waiting I get it into my studio and realise its really nothing much more than a standard Virus heh. There weren't even any "ground breaking" sounds on it.

My advice is if you want a hardware virus to work as a vsti then keep hold of your money for a while and keep watching forums such as this to see when Access stop blagging everyone and actually deliver what they advertise.
cheers
Jason UFO
Old 26.10.2005, 02:35 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Send a message via MSN to glendale

I think, I'll bring mine back as well ... it's not booting up properly. But actually it's totally stupid as I can't work with it for about 2 weeks until it is repaired (if it doesn't take longer). As the music store hasn't got any TI anymore I can't get a "new" one.

Sadly, I don't feel assisted much by Access. They don't (or very lately) reply on support mails and there's no hotline for frustrated TI owners.

I'd like to know whether there are pleased TI customers around ...

Cheers,
glen