Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Studio equipment

Studio equipment An area for general discussion about studio equipment, excluding Access products which have a dedicated area.

Old 18.02.2005, 04:08 PM

Drammy - I actually had the same problem with Cubase, but the problem was not the MD, it was Cubase. The midi clock in Cubase is BAD, at least in my computer (its a good computer and decent soundcard - audiophile). Sometimes, when hearing stuff sequenced in my Cubase, I can feel things going slightly out of tempo, or the song itself, like if someone just pushed the record a little.

I had the same problem trying to sync the virus arp with Cubase: after a while the virus was completely out of time. With all that, the fact that you cant have cubase as a slave (dont know why) doesnt help at all.

You could always record your MD loops in Cubase and sequence them as audio, or find another soft sequencer (try before buy). Other than that, my only solution, after lots of frustration, was start using hardware sequencers, which can have the same problems, but luckily so far so good. The MD still has some bugs, but the midi clock is rock solid.
Old 19.02.2005, 06:09 PM
New here
New here

Default ...

Thanx alot you guys. I think I'll be getting a MachineDrum. The only problem is that it's expensive. But i've heard the sounds and can only conclude that it is worth it.
Old 19.02.2005, 08:01 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

Nordlead,

I hear what you are saying but the MD is the only piece of kit that is not in sync. My setup is pretty good and I find the timing spot on with my RME soundcard.

Unfortunately I cannot record individual loops because in a 1 bar loop with a kick playing 4 4 I find that the first kick may be 100 samples after the beat, the second perhaps 40 samples before the beat and so on. There is no consistency at all so it is not as if I can simply move the sounds onto the beat as they are not in time with each other.

I love Cubase, have used it for over 15 years and am having to think about switching to another seqencer. I can't go hardware sequencer as It will render the the thousands of pounds worth of VST's useless. My UAD-1's and Powercore are to valuable alone. So either the MD goes or I switch sequencer!

Very upsetting...

Drammy
Old 20.02.2005, 05:05 AM

Damn Drammy, that sure sounds bad. Have you tried a different MD? From a friend or something. It could be that concrete MD... Have you emailed Elektron about it?

In any case, if you have so much invested in Cubase, I'd say sell the MD. You could always try to sequence it from Cubase, but you would be losing the parameter locks ability. If you sell it you could always look for some new gear or get yourself a copy of Stylus RMX.

Good luck, and dont worry, in the worst case you can sell and get most of your money back; people like to buy Elektron stuff.
Old 20.02.2005, 04:01 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

I really think Elektron should mention something about it with respect to Cubase. I also think Cubase should allow for external clock.

I'm sorry to hear this because the MD is so fun.
Old 01.05.2005, 09:09 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Send a message via ICQ to Analog Warriors
Default Re: ......

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcideDigital
Well, what I really want is an analogue Drum machine that I can trigger while playing live. A drum Machine I can modify in real-time. I've heard the sounds on the the MachineDrum and they sounded a little too soft
you're producing techno right ? Sounds like a Roland TR909 is what you need IMO

Analog Warriors