Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 08.02.2009, 06:48 PM
Pro
Pro

Default Virus TI - Patch backups , sounddiver or other

Hi

Getting used to Virus and after a few teething issues and learning curves - loving it.

I want to backup/transfer patches to and from the Virus TI. I have downloaded sounddiver 6.** and although software loads it cannot find th Virus TI.

1) Is sounddiver (from Access download site) compatable with the TI?
2) Should I be using the Virus C module in sounddiver.
3) What settings am I missing on the module hardware as the too do not seem to communicate (although midi in out is ok in DAW etc).
4)How, if possible, can I transfer individual patches or even banks from within DAW using the virus control.

Hope this makes sense and etc. For example in the DSI Pro'08 I have the editor librarian which works great....anything similar for the Virus TI will do.

Many thanks

H
Old 08.02.2009, 10:44 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Well, I don't know if this answers your question, but the patches are stored as MIDI files. Just load the patch you like, and save it to 'My Favourites' or any custom MIDI file. And there you have all your patches in there.
________
vapor genie vaporizer

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09.02.2009, 05:30 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbit View Post
Hi

Getting used to Virus and after a few teething issues and learning curves - loving it.

I want to backup/transfer patches to and from the Virus TI. I have downloaded sounddiver 6.** and although software loads it cannot find th Virus TI.

1) Is sounddiver (from Access download site) compatable with the TI?
2) Should I be using the Virus C module in sounddiver.
3) What settings am I missing on the module hardware as the too do not seem to communicate (although midi in out is ok in DAW etc).
4)How, if possible, can I transfer individual patches or even banks from within DAW using the virus control.

Hope this makes sense and etc. For example in the DSI Pro'08 I have the editor librarian which works great....anything similar for the Virus TI will do.

Many thanks

H
1) No
2) No
3) Device ID/Controller->Sysex Setting/MIDI Channel
4) Yes, full patch management with virus control (drag&drop), read the manual

r
Old 09.02.2009, 10:26 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Why don't you use Virus Control for all this patch librarian stuff? That's what I use my VC for. What's the dealio?
Old 10.02.2009, 06:06 PM
Pro
Pro

Manuals - what a great idea Thanks I've sorted it easier than scarping cheese from the rim I guess!
I had actually put a shortcut folder to the folder on a data drive...nevermind its slick and works.

Thanks for your help folks.
Old 02.09.2009, 10:30 AM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

I don't like VC. Is there an alternate patch editor for TI?

Why? I don't like how the TI switches "modes" when it's plugged in via USB. If the USB connection could simply function as a MIDI connection, I'd like it. But I want to be able to use the keyboard exactly as I do when it's not in USB mode. I don't ever plan on using the TI as my sound card, nor do I want to route its audio through USB.