Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 10.07.2006, 11:43 PM
Amateur
Amateur

Default Jesus christ my savior!!!

Im waiking up the neighbours tonight!!!

Jup thats right, its the troubled TI again!

Its been a loong loong time since last time I tried Virus Control. I took a chance today, because I wanted to load some presets I downloaded a long time ago. Thinking it probably would be ok, as long as I just loaded the presets, saved to the banks, and left.

How wrong was I!!! In a matter of seconds, the first pops and clicks. The banks I was loading was the 42 Ti arp patches from access download page. Every single preset I tried gave pops, and the arpegiater was jumping out of time like a scratching record! I then thought after 5 minutes "oh hell this is to cracy, im leaving this" So I ended the host Live, and at that second: Satans Saw in all its glory, at 01:30 in the morning!!!

Aw, happy neighbours...

Latest drivers...using audio outs, not usb. The usb out from VC are totaly fucked!

Is this a hardware fault?

In standalone mode, it usualy works ok, exept the daily hung notes, and normal crashes. (Chrash to silance, not satans saw)

Kim
Old 11.07.2006, 12:13 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

have you tried using another host application? This would help identify hardware or software. Also do you have any other usb ports on the computer you can use?

Try savihost, you can use it to send your patches.

Cheers
Kris
Old 11.07.2006, 12:44 AM
This forum member lives here

I dont think the TI plays well with live. I get pops and clicks also when using live 5.1 on my mac.
But when i use logic pro 7.2.1, I have no problems whatsoever with the TI and VC.

Food for thought. . . .
Old 11.07.2006, 12:51 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopkris40
have you tried using another host application? This would help identify hardware or software. Also do you have any other usb ports on the computer you can use?

Try savihost, you can use it to send your patches.

Cheers
Kris
Thanks for helping out, Kris. Actualy this post was just a needed release of energy, heheh! Because I feel these problems aint going to be fixed befor the 1.1 driver is finished, or before I replace the hardware with a new model.

I looked into what you sugested. Trying out Tracktion2 as host. It crashed. Well, its not suported by access anyway.

Where can I find savihost? Freeware?

Id like very much to add and organize a lot of presets I have.
Old 11.07.2006, 12:57 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
I dont think the TI plays well with live. I get pops and clicks also when using live 5.1 on my mac.
But when i use logic pro 7.2.1, I have no problems whatsoever with the TI and VC.

Food for thought. . . .
Realy? Im using Live 5.2, and its just the same as you. But ive read about a lot of people having zero problems with live...

Im beginning to think I got one of thouse faulty hardware units... What to do? Can we just send it inn, or must we wait for the next driver, that takes forever btw?

But if your ok with logic, you might not have a hardware problem..?

Allways like your avatars, btw
Old 11.07.2006, 01:14 AM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

You just put it in the same folder as you VC and rename it to the ame name. It isn't perfect by any means but it should help you get patches in.

Hope this helps.

Kris

(p.s sorry for double posts, not sure why this happens to me?)
Old 11.07.2006, 01:23 AM
Amateur
Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopkris40
http://www.hermannseib.com/english/savihost.htm

You just put it in the same folder as you VC and rename it to the ame name. It isn't perfect by any means but it should help you get patches in.

Hope this helps.

Kris

(p.s sorry for double posts, not sure why this happens to me?)
Thank, ill try it!

I rebooted the Ti, and rebooted my pc into my other system. I have 2. One for studio, and one for everything else, including testing. This time I tried the studio system. Instant satan saw, when loading and playing the first preset of the 42 arp bank.. edit: with live 5.2 also here...

About the double posts, it happens to everyone totaly random, I think.
Old 11.07.2006, 02:31 AM

if you want to return it for another unit, contact your dealer and they should lead you on your way. I had to return my first unit also.
Old 11.07.2006, 08:11 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Do you have a G5 mac and what usb devices have you installed and in which port is the TI connected? Do you mean that you don't get any problems with TI in logic now? How much cpu usage does the virus cause when using virus control and both usb channels? Can you run heavy sessions with virus without clicks & pops or do you have to render the virus tracks at some point? How many virus tracks do you usually work with and what kind of sounds do you use, I mean how much reverb, hypersaw, unison etc from virus? If everything runs fine, I might purchase a TI in the near future.

Btw, is your's a desktop version? Most of the problems seem to be with (faulty?) keyboards.
Old 11.07.2006, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by F5D
Do you have a G5 mac and what usb devices have you installed and in which port is the TI connected? Do you mean that you don't get any problems with TI in logic now? How much cpu usage does the virus cause when using virus control and both usb channels? Can you run heavy sessions with virus without clicks & pops or do you have to render the virus tracks at some point? How many virus tracks do you usually work with and what kind of sounds do you use, I mean how much reverb, hypersaw, unison etc from virus? If everything runs fine, I might purchase a TI in the near future.

Btw, is your's a desktop version? Most of the problems seem to be with (faulty?) keyboards.
Right now I have a powerbook G4 1GHZ. TI is connected to the 2.0 port next to the firewire port. So far I have not had any problems with the TI as most have described on this site. The only thing i seem to be running into when using the VC is it wont recognize the virus. It takes a quick shutdown of the TI and logic to fix.
I would say the most I have used at on epoint would be about 5. Dont use the virus verb on all parts, but maybe one or two.
I will run a test and see how many tracks I can get before my computer or the TI chokes.
I have a desktop version.