Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 28.02.2005, 02:08 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlot
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzash
zZ sounds expected shipping date is 4-29-2005 8O
The last date they gave me before I cancelled it was around april 20th.
and then it becomes May 2005 (but there's still a few bugs in the software), so it becomes June 2005

Come on Access...get ur shi7 together, please
Old 28.02.2005, 06:38 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aster
Access are twiddling their thumbs biding their time, whilst they fix any existing bugs, assess demand for their production runs, check out what the competition is doing and overall continue to build momentum for the final release.
The notion that Access is somehow stretching out the release strikes me as extremely unlikely. They discontinued almost their entire line! They've been sitting there for months with no hardware to sell but the Virus Classic! For however much we're waiting for release, guaranteed they're dying for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranzash
zZ sounds expected shipping date is 4-29-2005
zZounds has been useless as a source of release dates. For months, they simply moved it back one week every week. I did notice awhile ago they moved I think the desktop to end of april but kept the keyboard and polar at a march date, so it's remotely possible this date reflects the expected second batch because the initial shipment is sold out, but of course that's just idle speculation. I'm not claiming the TI is coming soon but I wouldn't place too much stock in what zZounds posts.
Old 28.02.2005, 07:08 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to MADSTATION Send a message via MSN to MADSTATION

I'm in a dillema...
Might get a Vsynth XT instead and get a TI when it will have either usb2 or firewire!

All these delays don't make me feel too confident about the stability of the product. Buying a buggy 80$ product is a bit frustrating, so when spending more than 3000$ for a synth, it better be ROCK SOLID!
Old 28.02.2005, 07:35 PM
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADSTATION
I'm in a dillema...
Might get a Vsynth XT instead and get a TI when it will have either usb2 or firewire!

All these delays don't make me feel too confident about the stability of the product. Buying a buggy 80$ product is a bit frustrating, so when spending more than 3000$ for a synth, it better be ROCK SOLID!
The v-synth is a mad mangler. By the time it comes out, the TI might be out. Pretty much a waiting game with both of those.

I am in the same type of situation. i am looking at the spectralis though instead. And will probably pick up TI later. Dont know what I am going to do though. I have store credit that is burning a hole in my pocket waiting for the damn TI.

Another problem is, I have no synth to fill the void. I had to send my V back for a power supply shortage. They had none to replace it at the time, so I am back to where I started. All vritual, with no hardwaRE.
Old 28.02.2005, 10:22 PM
Analog synth DSP lover
Amateur

Earlier in this thread, I posted an email response from ACCESS themselves. A soon as I saw various sites posting that late April date, I wrote them. They immediately responded that they are still shipping the Virus TI line within the first couple of weeks of March. This was great news because I prepaid for mine and have been assured of getting one out of their first shipment. woooo hoooo
Old 01.03.2005, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnjoyRC
They immediately responded that they are still shipping the Virus TI line within the first couple of weeks of March.
Without backtracking through this thread - did they specify what year that would be?

Hehehe, horrible joke. Sorry guys.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 01.03.2005, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
They immediately responded that they are still shipping the Virus TI line within the first couple of weeks of March.
Without backtracking through this thread - did they specify what year that would be?

LOL! it was pretty good i thought ; but also a little sad hehe
Old 01.03.2005, 03:39 AM
Pro
Pro

Hopefully that won't happen
Old 01.03.2005, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:

Steve,
You Bastard. I am going nuts over what to do. I am waiting for reviews on the spectralis. By the time that happens, the TI will most likely be out. So, it prolly going to be the TI.
Considering the Nord 3 is being discontinued, which means a new version is coming hopefully at Musikmesse this year (April '05) <--this is just speculation BTW.
Old 01.03.2005, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Earlier in this thread, I posted an email response from ACCESS themselves. A soon as I saw various sites posting that late April date, I wrote them. They immediately responded that they are still shipping the Virus TI line within the first couple of weeks of March. This was great news because I prepaid for mine and have been assured of getting one out of their first shipment. woooo hoooo
the 'glass half full' side of me believes this.
the 'glass half empty' side of me says "go take back your deposit and buy one of the cheap kc's going around at the moment".