Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 06.01.2012, 03:11 PM
New here
New here

Default Can't register used Virus TI and cannot locate original owner....

hello.
I got a Virus TI desktop today. It was bought off ebay in the US one year ago and to save high costs of shipping and taxes, i waited for my friend to carry it along with him.

When i tried to register today, it said it is already registered.
Access support told me to get an email from the original owner.

I have no way of finding the original owner. If i am lucky, my friend might still have the bay sellers email, but what if he was not the original owner ?

What is the correct procedure to follow now. So many electronic instruments are bought used from ebay, craigslist.

Never faced this sort of issue before, please offer some advice.

I waited a year to get this unit and to set it up with my DAW and make music!

Thanks

Faisal
Old 06.01.2012, 03:19 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Try to find the original owner. If it's not possible, explain the situation to Access. They'll fix it for you no doubt. They are probably just cautious because they really want to be sure you are the owner and don't just try to register someone other's Virus in malicious purposes.

If they doubt you are the current owner, just take a photograph of your Virus with S/N plate visible with current newspaper or something. Hoho.

P.s. Strange that they (Access) cannot contact the person that has registered the Virus. They should have the information.
Old 06.01.2012, 03:24 PM
New here
New here

Thanks for your reply Juho.....
Yes, i asked Access to find the information themselves.
I understand they are being cautious, but they should have some policy regarding this as so many people buy used gear all the time.

When buying from ebay or Craigslist how can the buyer be certain that the item was not stolen ?

If the original owner claims this was stolen or does not maliciously release the registration code, what happens to the innocent buyer ?? This unit could have been sold to many owners.

This is a bummer for me......i really hope Access support helps me out.

Old 06.01.2012, 03:58 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyne View Post
Thanks for your reply Juho.....
Yes, i asked Access to find the information themselves.
I understand they are being cautious, but they should have some policy regarding this as so many people buy used gear all the time.

When buying from ebay or Craigslist how can the buyer be certain that the item was not stolen ?

If the original owner claims this was stolen or does not maliciously release the registration code, what happens to the innocent buyer ?? This unit could have been sold to many owners.
Second hand gear is always problematic. The risk is something you have to take. The laws that protect consumers does not naturally apply to transactions between individuals.

How come you have lost the contact info of the previous owner? Did you buy it extempore on the street? Hoho. You atleast have phonenumber or e-mails?

Quote:
This is a bummer for me......i really hope Access support helps me out.
They have always been helpful. I bet it gets sorted out eventually.
Old 06.01.2012, 05:42 PM
New here
New here

I live in Pakistan and make most of my purchases off ebay through a friend in Boston. It is much easier for the buyer and seller and the credit cards go through immediately. It also saves me on shipping costs to get the items shipped to my friend in the US. Then when friends come on vacation or business trips, they kindly carry something for me. This takes a lot of patience but in the end i save a lot of money.

This Virus was bought a year ago. I never dealt with the seller, just forwarded the ebay link to my buddy. I have emailed him regarding the issue and hoping he would still have the sellers email address in his inbox. If he has deleted it then i will face more issues........

Will definitely keep record of all ebay transactions from now on.....this has been a stressful day!
Old 08.01.2012, 11:36 PM
New here
New here

Thumbs up

Even though my registration issues are unresolved, the Access forum registration log in allowed me to download the software and presets!!!

Cool.
Old 02.02.2012, 12:49 AM
New here
New here

Default That Seems Strange

I just bought one second hand also. Someone in Los Angeles. I emailed Access with how I got it and they deleted the old owners info and I was able to register the same day. I was really nice. They did not ask for any other kind of info. I would try again.
Old 04.02.2012, 10:34 AM
New here
New here

Yes, they got back to me over email and sorted me out. Very helpful, though i had to wait for a few days.