Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 12.12.2007, 04:18 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Timing issues with Virus TI using Output 1 and 2

Hi. Have my virus hooked up USB to computer but I'd like to record a few things out of the main outputs. So, I switch the main output in Virus control but now the virus is off sync with Cubase. The output actually plays FASTER than the USB. I'm sure it has to do with latency and the virus USB is compensating for it but is there any way to sync the main outputs up??

Thanks

PS. I'm on an XP PC, Delta 44 soundcard so latency is good and running Cubase 3.1 SX
Old 14.12.2007, 11:16 PM
New here
New here

Default what the hell!!

Yes i have the same issue!!
If use direct outputs the patterns play FORWARD!!!
and i even have this problem while using the interna USB outputs, if i disconnect and reconnect the USB cable the machine is synchronized but just for a short time, cause soon it gets out of time, sometimes it goes in delay, other times it goes forward!!! its drivin me nuts, takes me much more time recording the loops and also playing the sequences live.
I use Live Ableton 7.0, virus control 2.5.1 on a powerbook G4 1?5ghz 1,256GB ram
please someone does have the solution?
Old 15.12.2007, 12:19 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

usb mode does have delay comensation, but if you are using the analogue outs then I'd close the VST and try to set it up as a normal external instument, just for the sole purpose of recording those parts. It only takes the time once
Old 15.12.2007, 03:24 PM
New here
New here

But in this case there will be a delay caused by the soundcard latency!! ehehehhe... this problem is easily solved with live since you can set a delay for each track, even a forward playing setting...
but my question was more about the fact that even using the USB outs, it happens that after few that i am playin, stopping the audio for editing my loops then startin another time, and so on many times, well it happens that the virus goes out of time, and set itself with a certain delay, it is possible to compensate with this delay as told, on ableton live, but it makes me nuts anyway, cause this delay is not constant, its changin, after few minutes i must set a different delay to the track to make her play in perfect timing...
can it be a problem of low alimentation???
Old 15.12.2007, 04:46 PM
Forum Saviour
Aged Veteran

I have sold my TI now so cant check it - isnt the D on the 16 part panels supposed to temporarily allow routing of audio out the Outputs without any delay compesnation, for exactly this purpose.

I'm sure something was introduced to work around this issue...
Old 17.12.2007, 03:58 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to bishopkris40

I also think there was something suggested to this.

Try searching the other forum "VirusTI.com" and see if there are any answers there. I'm sure there is something