Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > Off topic

Off topic An off topic playground. If your post doesn't seem to fit on the other areas, it surely will fit here.

Old 08.09.2009, 06:55 AM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Default Virus TI now with free dust

My heart goes out to traditional music gear retailers. Business is so bad that cutbacks have had to include luxuries such as keeping the place clean and having a supply of electrical sockets and batteries to hand.

Yesterday I popped into Andertons in Guildford to see what was around, have a closer look at the Waldorf kb and maybe audition this and that under the cunning guise of shelling out £2.99 for a couple of egg shakers. Everything I looked at was encrusted with several weeks worth of dust. Virus TI under dust, a Nord Wave under dust. I asked to audition a G Natural acoustic guitar fx unit. You would have thought I'd asked for the moon with a selection of galactic pickles. While the assistant hunted high and low for a battery to feed the demo guitar, then had to go break open a new mains extension just to plug it in, I twiddled a few knobs on the unit and found that it too was ... under dust. My finger came back thick with it. "Of course we wouldn't sell you the demo unit, you'd get a new one..." Right you are!

Tip: get a feather duster and a hoover, Andertons
Old 08.09.2009, 12:08 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

DUST!! Damnit, lol I read that as 'Virus TI now free with Duet'! And I was like, that's weird, the Apogee Duet costs only around 350! :P But that would be an interesting deal, lol.
________
medical marijuana

Last edited by Splat! : 29.01.2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 15.03.2012, 12:16 AM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

Not angel dust...

And I was imagining someone dusting his TI :P
Old 16.10.2012, 07:13 AM
Pro
Pro

A local guitar center was selling a yellowish Snow Ti but had an almost new price on it. Asked a sales guy about it and he made a joke about "do not eat the yellow snow"...so I figured crackheads must work here, plus the incessantly loud hiphop was making my brain bleed...he then said "it's just nicotine from someone that smoked while using it, like new otherwise..." Have never been back to a guitar center again nor plan to. If i need to demo anything worthwhile coming out, rather than the capitol city live in my State, I have to wait until visit my parents 168 miles away and go further North 50 miles to Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Will not find dust nor yellow snow Ti in THAT place for sure! Top-notch place and even with still dire economy, saw an area where they were constantly packing things sold to be picked-up by UPS. THAT means alot of us ARE sharing our studio cat's food so we can afford our toys ! Meow Mix and Soy Milk=YUM!
Old 16.10.2012, 06:58 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
A local guitar center was selling a yellowish Snow Ti but had an almost new price on it. Asked a sales guy about it and he made a joke about "do not eat the yellow snow"...so I figured crackheads must work here, plus the incessantly loud hiphop was making my brain bleed...he then said "it's just nicotine from someone that smoked while using it, like new otherwise..." Have never been back to a guitar center again nor plan to. If i need to demo anything worthwhile coming out, rather than the capitol city live in my State, I have to wait until visit my parents 168 miles away and go further North 50 miles to Sweetwater in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Will not find dust nor yellow snow Ti in THAT place for sure! Top-notch place and even with still dire economy, saw an area where they were constantly packing things sold to be picked-up by UPS. THAT means alot of us ARE sharing our studio cat's food so we can afford our toys ! Meow Mix and Soy Milk=YUM!
as a former Guitar Center employee I can tell you that you are making the right choice to put that retail outlet in your rear view mirror and never look back

I still have nightmares of the bad hiphop and guitar shredding that went on constantly.

I cannot get that six months of my life back..
Old 17.10.2012, 12:16 AM
Pro
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSTZ View Post
as a former Guitar Center employee I can tell you that you are making the right choice to put that retail outlet in your rear view mirror and never look back

I still have nightmares of the bad hiphop and guitar shredding that went on constantly.

I cannot get that six months of my life back..
Appologies in advance if I offend anyone but then again, this IS OFF TOPIC with all it's disclaimers so I will say I REALLY feel for you! Hip Hop even blaring at a car two lanes over and reverberating incessant distorted bass to point I feel it in my body has a psychological effect of taking an ice pick to the anger part of my brain!!! Often wonder if that may be a contributor in criminal behavior in "A Clockwork Orange" in reverse kind of way???! Great movie, by the way! I would rather overpay a bit than deal with Guitar Center for even a need for a cable! My rant is over and I feel better now knowing it was not just my isolated bad experience!