Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Sound designing

Sound designing Discussion about sound designing with the Virus series synths. Share patches and your knowledge or ask questions.

Old 21.05.2004, 06:00 AM

Hollowcell - I've got a Emu Esi-4000. I don't use it anymore, but I'm reluctant to sell it. For some reason I NEVER part with old gear even though I have plenty that I don't use. Go figure! 8O

http://blueswan.mymusic.dk
Old 21.05.2004, 06:02 AM

Actually, I think the main reason I don't sell old gear is that I have old songs I've done on them that I might want to go back to work on (which rarely happens in reality). I used to record all vocals on the Emu, but naturally changed that when I started using my PC as an audio tool.

http://blueswan.mymusic.dk
Old 22.05.2004, 12:36 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Rx7000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rx7000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
But as I said there's coming a patch converter for Fantom series that allows you to use AKAI, E-mu, Roland and other various formats in Fantom.
I just want a physical keyboard with a sampler that supports akai / roland, but it dont seem to exist.
There is always the option of buying a simple controller keyboard and a rack-sampler. Or as the guys mentioned above, going for a software sampler. If you went for the rack-sampler option, you could probably get 2 older rack-samplers and controller for the price of the Fantom. Going the soft option though, means you will have to carry around a computer.

A lot depends on if you would like the onboard ROM sounds of something like the Fantom.

By the way, blueswan, what Emu are you running? Depending - want to sell it for cheap? Gotta love those Emu filters!
I have a software sampler, but it only supports wav and aiff. i want something thats gonna be able to utilize the cd and features as it was ment to, not in a hacked format.
Old 10.06.2004, 01:01 PM
Pro
Pro

Default choirs

I would go with a triton studio. you could get the studio essential pcm for 9 or some gospel choir, peter schz orchestral pcm for all the real acoustic sound for orchestra. Roland has nice choir section too. Emperor (ishahn)band uses roland romplers. If money is not the issue, install the Z1 moss board and it has the dual band pass filters for designing formants. All metal bands uses Triton. Dimmu, cradle, stromlord, nightwish etc. your choice with the triton. peaz