Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 18.02.2009, 03:02 AM
New here
New here

holy FAIL!!!

Quote:
Dear Isaac,
I simply can't answer this. Sorry.

Best wishes,
Joerg Huettner

--- Original Message ---

hello Joerg
Thanks, but... What about cubase 5 ? Do you know if it works in
cubase 5 for windows? And is this something that Steinberg needs to
fix, or Access needs to fix?
thanks!
isaac
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:12 PM, Access Music Customer Support
Old 18.02.2009, 08:30 AM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Hi Marc,

have you guys at Access let Steinberg know of the issue that needs to be fixed, and have requested that a fix indeed be implemented? I am not calling you guys stupid, but I wouldn't hand it to Steinberg to just fix things on their own. They are not the most flexible company when it comes to implementing fixes and listening to user requests. I hope something will come of this for us Cubase 4 users. I would be extremely disappointed if they fixed whatever was need only in Cubase 5 as it is their newest product, leaving us 4 users in the dust.
yes, we are in touch with steinberg. they need to fix those issues on their own, there is nothing we can do about it. there are things which we have reported more than 2 years ago and they only got fixed in cubase 5. i simply don't know if those bug fixes will make it into cubase 4 generation products and i also don't know how long it will take them to repair what got broken in cubase 5.

marc
Old 18.02.2009, 10:55 AM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
yes, we are in touch with steinberg. they need to fix those issues on their own, there is nothing we can do about it. there are things which we have reported more than 2 years ago and they only got fixed in cubase 5. i simply don't know if those bug fixes will make it into cubase 4 generation products and i also don't know how long it will take them to repair what got broken in cubase 5.

marc
Thank you kindly for the reply. What you state about Steinberg is not at all surprising. They are so thick headed sometimes when it comes to admitting to faults and bending, even just a little bit towards customer requests. They are instead so rooted in only showing off what new stuff 'they personally' thought of and don't want to see beyond anything else.

I am glad you are at least in touch with them, hopefully things will get sorted soon. Processing external audio through the Virus is pointless as it is no longer delay compensated once it leaves my system into the Virus and back via S/PDIF OR ANALOG. I need the sidechaining to work to FINALLY be able to do what I thought I was able to do when I first bought the unit. Let us hope for the best.

A little miffed that my perfectly working Cubase 4 will probably have to be upgraded just to get what I need working.

BTW, if at all possible, can you state what was finally fixed in Cubase 5 that wasn't previously? You mentioned this in your post commented above. Thanks.
Old 18.02.2009, 08:39 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
BTW, if at all possible, can you state what was finally fixed in Cubase 5 that wasn't previously? You mentioned this in your post commented above. Thanks.
hi,

it's pretty simple. some of the functionality we need to make sidechain work doesn't exist in cubase 4. it has a lot to do with VST3 support. we intended to have a Virus Control for VST3 by now but when completing the initial implementation, we found that core aspects of MIDI communication were either not implemented or simply broke (poly pressure, for instance). VST3 support, at least indirectly, also holds us back from having a 64 bit version. i don't want to say that i cannot be done with VST2.4 but there is reasons, beyond what needs to be shared here, why it holds us back.

it is not unusual at all in development that once you try to put together the pieces you run into unexpected issues. the problem here is that we need others to fix things which of course makes it difficult to define timeframes. and since every company runs through it's own development cycles and deadlines sometimes those unexpected things have to wait. it certainly wasn't in steinberg's intention to create this situation.

best, marc
Old 26.07.2010, 06:34 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Hallo All!

I am using Sonar Pro 8.5, I have recently made some breakthroughs learning how to make the best of VC integration in Sonar. BUT I am still numbed by all the staggering possibilities of both, and I do not understand a lot of it, Admittedly I am slow learner with all this tech.

Hoping one or more of you can help, I would Very much Love to use my TI Snow's effects through USB, as if I were using any other hardware accelerated VST effect, I see a lot in this thread that boggles and delights me, and any help would be much appreciated. I also have Kore 2 and would like to use this feature there aswell, I know next to nothing about Sonar's Side-chaining.

Thanks!

Chris & Erik
Old 27.07.2010, 07:47 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

http://www.youtube.com/user/mitchiem.../0/u54CCV-zOEA

watch this please

there is away arround it. this guy has figured it out.
Old 27.07.2010, 08:48 PM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
http://www.youtube.com/user/mitchiem.../0/u54CCV-zOEA

watch this please

there is away around it. this guy has figured it out.
Yes for Cubase, some of us want to know how to do it Sonar 8.5 if even possible, that video is how I first found out about it.

Cheers!
Old 28.07.2010, 09:25 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

The last sonar upgrade I did was from 4 to 6 not used it in a while. I'm sure it will be easier than the cubase not excepting inputs but we can back door it route.
Old 29.07.2010, 02:50 AM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchiemasha View Post
The last sonar upgrade I did was from 4 to 6 not used it in a while. I'm sure it will be easier than the cubase not excepting inputs but we can back door it route.
I tried to do it in Sonar, and I had no luck, I'm hoping I am missing something.

When you scroll for an effect to add to the bin, you can also view the Synths list, though nothing ever works if you select one as an effect, unless it also works as one then you go to the Effects list and find it there and use that.

What I found very odd was that Access Music>Virus TI would NOT show it self when trying to load it as an effect. I have never seen this behavior.

However I was able to do this in Kore 2 very simply, at least that's a work around for using it as a VST effect in Sonar, and not so horrible as you have all the parameters mapped to the Kore Kontroller.

Just the same if there is a way to do it in Sonar, . . . . I really want to know how.

Cheers!!!

Erik