Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.02.2009, 12:42 PM
Infektion taking hold...

In VC the option to randomize a certain section. Like a randomize option in the section lock pulldown menu.

And I would like the knobs on virus to transmit midi in VC mode (already know it's not gonna happen unfortunatly)

For the rest, i'm waiting for os3 to get official. Great it's availeble for TImk1 too
Old 08.02.2009, 04:37 PM
Infekted!
Almost Amateur

That randomize function is a really good idea. I would love to see that too. Imagine what sounds you could get without expecting them based on how each section randomizes. I bet you could get quite some interesting results and they would never be the same twice, unless the randomize function is weak. Any cool sounds that are produced can then be saved right to a user bank since lots are now freed up from past OS flashes.

Some other ideas mentioned that I would love to see are as follows:

1.) Have the mute button in VC respond when pressed within the sequencer. I know if you change volume from within your sequencer, you can see the volume slider moving in VC, so why not have mute light up in VC if you press it in your sequencer?

Perhaps add a solo option as well? If you have 3-4 parts going in VC, but only want to hear one, have a solo button which can also be illuminated from pressing the solo button from within your sequencer to single out only this one part. I know you can just do this from within your sequencer, but for those with limited screen real estate it would be nice to be able to do this if VC is currently hogging your screen visibility.

2.) Arpeggiators. Have preprogrammed arps in preset patches be visible from within VC when selecting said patches instead of having it look blank/default like it currently is. I would love to see just how those arps were created by having a visual representation.

Another really great idea which was mentioned, was being able to have arp data show as midi notes in a midi track for further editing, or other wild possibilities by having those notes trigger off say another patch on the Virus, or another sound from another source altogether. Perhaps you can just drag and drop from a small icon found on the arps page to a midi track in your sequencer and have it all layed out.

3.) See this thread here for an idea on custom views for channels in VC.

http://www.infekted.org/virus/showth...845#post286845

Last edited by Cantankerous : 08.02.2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08.02.2009, 05:12 PM
Am starting to like this forum

custom wavetables! please! include a "import wavetable" function, a software wavetable editor and this synth will know no boundaries
My personal music (classical, soundtrack, anything else): http://www.myspace.com/stefanobottarellimusic

"Everything starts with E"
Old 10.02.2009, 10:58 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by annikk.exe View Post
3. Virus Control that works in a 64 bit operating system!!!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!
+1 billion
Old 11.02.2009, 03:13 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by omniphonix View Post
+1 billion
Plus 1 Trillion.

I love my Virus. I've used it extensively on various recordings, a couple of hits, and now I've upgraded to Cubase 5 and 64 Bit as well as all my other hardware successfully transferring without hindrance, the Virus is sat behind...

Gutting, really, as it's by and far my favourite hardware.

I know it's a matter of time, but ffs HURRY UP! You have great products, great customer loyalty, so go that one step further and make it perfect, please!
Old 16.02.2009, 08:16 AM
New here
New here

more ARP usability (all has been said before). and it would be nice if there was rock-solid sync with cubase with multiple arps and different patterns all working together, but that might be steinbergs fault...

ps: digital screams: i don't think anyone is demanding anything here, just saying what we'd like to see in the future for a product we all paid a hefty sum for.
Old 16.02.2009, 02:35 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via MSN to mitchiemasha

i'm not so fussed on the 64 bit thing. jst means i get a lil bit more time to upgrade myself.

no point me splashing out on studio 5 and the rest of it yet when my virus aint going to work. one hell of an excuse for me to put off the dreaded transition.
Old 16.02.2009, 08:39 PM
Infektion taking hold...

Default OS 3.1 when??

Just out of curiosity, is there an expected release date for OS 3.1? I spoke to the guys at the Access booth at NAMM 2009 and they said they were working very hard on it.
Old 18.02.2009, 05:36 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Smile fourth oscillator for 4-op FM

I currently own a Motif XS6, which of course already allows for a lot of analog-styles sound creation. I've been highly impressed by the Virus TI demos online (especially those YouTube videos by Keyboard Wizard--I forget how he spells it) and when I've demoed the TI in person. However, there seems to me to be somewhat of a "sameness" in many of the analog-styles sounds. I realize this was improved with the addition of wavetables. I'm seriously considering buying the TI2; however, I'm not quite sure I would get enough "bang for the buck" in sounds that are different from my Motif. I used to own an old Yamaha v-50 which was a 4-op FM synth, and it allowed for a highly diverse array of unique sounds. Yamaha has pretty much abandoned their FM synthesis, and I miss FM greatly. I've been wishing for a good FM synth for awhile (no, I didn't like the Alesis Fusion's sound). If Access were to add a fourth oscillator to the synth structure of the TI, and allowed them to be chained together in various algorithms such that 4-op FM synthesis were possible, that would *absolutely* tip me over the edge of buying it. So that's my request. Although the addition of a 1-pole filter and comb filter, and additional effects, etc. would all be nice sound enhancements, the addition of an additional oscillator in combination with 4-op synthesis would be a *huge* expansion in the sonic possibilities of the TI.

From my discussions with other keyboardists and synthesists, I think I'm far from alone in wanting a new FM synth. So please Access, if you can add 4-op FM synthesis to the TI, you would not only have me as a new customer for certain (and you may still attract me anyway), I think you would also expand your market to a significant new number of consumers.

Thank you very much for considering our suggestions.

Swandiver.
Old 19.02.2009, 01:05 AM
Am starting to like this forum

I'm new here, just got a TI.

I'd like to see an oscillator as a mod source

modulating PWM and/or Filter Cutoff at audio-rate.