Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 21.10.2006, 11:04 PM
New here
New here

Default Replacing the key panel from the Indigo 1

Hello.. new here
I have a Virus Indigo 1 and one of my keys is acting strange. It still works but it fails when I press it gently. I think there is some dirt or something around the contacts. So I want to open it but there are like a million screws at the back and Im affraid I unscrew too many screws and so that the unit falls apart. Is there a specific procedure I should consider? I have opened almost all units I have, I even repaired some buttons on my mpc but I cant seem to figure out how to open the Virus. Seems that the screws are all jammed in without any logical alignment. "Let?s drill away!"

Anyway, thanks for your help!
Old 22.10.2006, 02:03 AM
New here
New here

Ok I opened it up but the problem isnt solved. Looks like I need a new key panel. Has anyone got any idea where to order such a panel? Ive Googled but nothing came up. Does Access actualy have spare parts for their units?

I think one key doesnt send out data when its pressed with a certain velocity. Ive gone through this forum a bit and it looks like its a common problem. If this is the case I dont know if the new key panel will fix the problem.

Any suggestions? Maybe someone had the same problem and knows a solution?

Thanks in advance fellas
Old 26.10.2006, 03:51 PM
New here
New here

oh darn.. according to access the repair will cost me 200 euros.. i can get a new synth for that money. does anyone know how to fix the problem myself?
Old 26.10.2006, 07:42 PM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

If in the uk you could try info@synthrepairservices.com fixed my virus & tb recently. Excellant service and reasonably priced.
Old 27.10.2006, 07:01 PM
New here
New here

ow shoot. i hate repairs and sending units over by post. there is no way that i could repair that virus myself?