Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music

General discussion about music An area for general music releated threads.

Old 17.07.2007, 08:31 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Default How do i go about making a Music Video for you tube???

I have a nearly finished track i would like to put on Youtube,the Love parade is on in Germany next month and i want to do one of those vidoes just filming poeple dancing and stuff (Not steven spielberg i know)
The quality doesn't have to be amazing so i need a Video camera for around 4-500 quid and I’m abit broke after forking out for my new SE Code8.
i need to get myself a mini video camera that can record .mov or .avi don't i??
which format is best for youtube???
Any suggestions on a Video Camera??
I then need to put it all together with my track.
I have a copy of Sonar6 so maybe i could do it with that??
I am totally new to this so all help appreciated..

Thanxxx Nick
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 17.07.2007, 03:54 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I would probably get one of those miniDV cameras or whatever the modern equiv is (I have one of those sony mini dv cameras - got it years ago - has forewire on it.). Basically anything that can dump the resulting video out over firewire to an editing application. For filing you own stuff, particaular in a club setting, you will want something with good low light response, ant-flaring (from lights) and probably good auto-image steadying to go with it. Good low light repsonse is the kind of thing that separates a cheapo camera from an apparently feature similar expensive camera, along with lens quality etc. If you need zoon - get the best optical zoom you can as digital zoom is a pixely hack.

Windows Movie Maker is a reasonable free starting point for editing, obviously there are way better commercial applications around, but this is probably allready on you PC as part of the windows XP install. It can communicate with Firewire cameras to do the download from the camera.

If you want to do sync work, then Live 6 may help, but probably only audio to video sync, not the other way around - Ive not tried this.

Once you have done you movie in whatever application, then you need to export it in a resolution and format suitbale for youtube - Im sure they provide details of the upload format requirements.

It could be worth posting this on the Ableton forums if you are looking for tools to manipulate video in time with music - probably loads of people their who have done it.

Im way ot of touch with the options avalable these days TBH - ask me this 15 years ago - and would have been a differnt story - used to do video work for a living - not much help now
Old 18.07.2007, 02:04 AM

Sony make some nice cameras...

The HDR-HC3 and HDR-HC5 Mini HDV camera's are decent, if you want to go a step up you're looking at something like the Sony HVR-Z1P or similar.

Get an extra long life Li-Ion battery or two. Tapes are cheap. Wide angle lens adapter might be good too, and get yourself a nice sturdy tripod.

Mix up the shots a little, get some nice shots from different perspectives, cutaway shots of peoples faces, feet, hands so you can do some nice cuts. Pan down from the sky to the crowds. Cutaway shots of speakers etc. Get creative. shoot more than you think you'll need, but dont just shoot for the sake of it. Get quality....

Sounds like a cool project! Have fun mate...

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60
Old 21.07.2007, 07:43 AM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasedee View Post
Sony make some nice cameras...

The HDR-HC3 and HDR-HC5 Mini HDV camera's are decent, if you want to go a step up you're looking at something like the Sony HVR-Z1P or similar.
Nice one..cheers.But whats the difference between HDR-HC3 and HDR-HC5 ??
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 22.07.2007, 03:51 AM

It's the newer model, some improvements in picture quality...

G5, Cubase SX, Reason 2.5, Acess Virus RackXL, Yamaha Motif Rack, Yamaha CS-10, Roland D-50, Korg X5D, Korg Electribe ER-1mkII, HALion VST Sampler, MOTU 2408mkIII, Studer 169, Roland JUNO 60