Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 15.12.2006, 10:16 PM
New here
New here

you make one mistake in your explanations.

The Virus is a Digital Synth, if you route out the signal Analogue or Digital doesnt matter. The whole Synth is Digital. The Oscilators, the Filters, and also the reverb.

The signal is not longer digital if you give out the sound on the analogue outs. The Virus ofc still is.

With your argumentation every synth would be analogue.. because sooner or l8er there is a DA-Konverter everywhere.

I didn't say i know more than you. And don't wanna offence you. But sry, telling that the Virus reverb is Analogue just bcause you route out the signal analogue is just not true.

Quote:
Sounds like too much hard work for some anologue Reverb..
I just asked what analogue reverb you meaned. Because Virus reverb isn't analogue.
Old 16.12.2006, 06:48 AM
New here
New here

hey,
thanks for your input. About using computer software for FX: I currently don?t have my studio together. I just have my Triton and virus TI working together via midi in a small corner. I will have my studio set up this coming week (moving) which is just my Triton, Access Virus, PowerMac G4, Logic Platinum, cubase, with different synths like Korg Legacy collection and the Logic ES2 (+mic, autotuner, etc...). But I don?t have anything for reverb, I havent had a chance to compare the virus reverb to the standard reverb on logic, but so far I am very impressed. What do you guys think is a really nice software reverb for mac or pc? One more thing, For sound card I used to use the M-Audio duo, I haven?t used it for a year and I think it might have been damaged, what soundcard do you think is best for a mac/pc? I don?t need lots of outputs, just need some nice and clean sound for a resonable price.

Best Regards
Tim A.
Old 16.12.2006, 12:34 PM
Aged Veteran
Aged Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold
. What do you guys think is a really nice software reverb for mac or pc?
Read above this my friend..The one i mentioned is just amazing !!!I use it on almost everything
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold
. One more thing, For sound card I used to use the M-Audio duo, I haven?t used it for a year and I think it might have been damaged, what soundcard do you think is best for a mac/pc? I don?t need lots of outputs, just need some nice and clean sound for a resonable price.
Best Regards
Tim A.
Its abit pricey but the RME Fireface 400 is the best around for under 1000 Euros..
I have just bought the Fireface 400 and replaced it with my MOTU 828 mk2 (Firewire) and i have noticed a difference somewhat for the better...Great card !!
Somewhat cheaper is the TC electronic Konnekt 24D (Also Firewire) for around 500 Euros..
A mate of mine has this card and says its amazing,I haven't heard it myself though...
http://www.thegirlnextdoor.de/Virusforum.htm
http://www.myspace.com/thegirlnextdoormusic
Old 19.12.2006, 09:03 PM
New here
New here

IceCold wrote:
What do you guys think is a really nice software reverb for mac or pc?

I like the WizooVerb. It's a standartverb and impulse-responseverb plugin in one. You can even use/mix both modes together. Very flexibly, very good sound.

IceCold wrote:
what soundcard do you think is best for a mac/pc?

RME Interfaces are very recommendable! The drivers are extremly stable. Sometimes I forget that i use a soundcard, cause i never had any trouble with it. I use the HDSP 9632 (PCI).
Old 29.12.2006, 08:45 PM
New here
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
Hey,
I really like the access virus TIs reverb, is there a way I can use it as an effects processor for other gear?

Best Regards
Tim

Has anyone really been able to do this??? I tried to apply the reverb to the input but I couldnt get it to work.

From what I have read, the reverb uses the synths actual DSP engine for the reverb, so I didnt think that there was a way to rout the input into the access DSP.

If any one is able to do it please let me know, it might be just me.

Best Regards
Old 29.12.2006, 10:22 PM
This forum member lives here
This forum member lives here

Send a message via MSN to Khazul

I have tried using the TI fx with external sounds - doesnt work as well... not sure why. The main fx on the virus ti (reverb, delay, chorus and phaser) are very good for a synth, but i think the reason they seem so good is because they perfectly suit the rest of the synth - gel perfectly with its character etc.

Ive tried using them on pianos and other synths - just didnt even come to other reverb processors nor the VST that TGND mentions. I mean they aint bad and it depends what you after as well - a digital dry plate with artificial color - ie typical reverbs used in trace, or something you can subtley add to other sounds. If the former - then they aint bad, but still dont come close to even relatively cheap good hardware fx - TC Electronic stuff for eg, or Lexicons (but not MPX200/400 which are brand exploits).

If you have a v-synth handy - that actually has quite a decent fx unit inside it as well... again same thing - seems to sound amazing within the v-synth but doesnt seem to translate well to other sources.

TGND - my idea of an analog reverb is a plate (metal, glass, concrete etc), springlines etc or massively parellel bucket brigade delays etc - not any kind of digital processing - of those glass room reverbs sound lovely on synths

Oh - one thing that is nice with the TI - if your input patch outputs to pair 2, then feed the result back in again mixed with the original input sound, and use reverb + delay (the reverb is there to just smeer and futher color the delay) then you can do quite a decent sync tape delay simulation - somehow the virus sound character seems to suit that kind of abuse quite well - add a little subtle modulation to the delay.

Of course the DAW+USB bound folks probably never discover stuff like that

TGND m8 - abuse those analog ins/outs - way more fun