Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Old 08.04.2005, 01:53 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Default Canceling Your Preorder... A Good Idea?

After some deliberation I have come to the conclusion that canceling your preorder is a good way to send a message to a manufacturer. After reading the vague little letter from Access that was posted in another thread I can see that Access does not care to actually shed any light on the true status of TI development. The letter used terms that are relative such as ?soon? and ?recently?. Cleaver wording, to some ?soon? may mean days, to others ?soon? may mean years. Reasonable information is the key to keeping the customer happy.

My experience waiting for my Federalized Lotus Elise was similar. I was on that list for two years, so believe me when I say I know how to wait it out. People don?t mind waiting as much, so long as they have some idea when they will get the goods they have paid for. A reasonable explanation of what is causing the holdup is also generally appreciated.
If Access can not even give a remotely accurate estimation of when they will ship the TI then they are much further behind than any of us had thought and they need to disseminate that information to the customers.

Writing and posting this stuff is all well and good. They probably don?t even read this forum. However lots of people canceling their preorders will send a message that Access will find impossible to ignore.
I know you?re probably thinking,? But then I?ll have to wait even longer to get my TI?. However I don?t think this will be the case? Canceling preorders will create a sense of urgency for Access. It will cause them to redouble their efforts and open up the lines of communication. It would not surprise me if you actually got your TI quicker by canceling your order than you would by staying on the list.

PS: I have cancelled my order.
Old 08.04.2005, 03:15 PM

same here
Old 08.04.2005, 03:15 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Cancelling you're pre-order wont do shit. It will take as long as it takes, nothing you do whatsoever will make it one bit faster and its pathetic to think otherwise.

Dont get me wrong, Im pissed off that its taking so long to, and Im even more pissed off at the lack of communication Access is showing to its customers. But if you think cancelling a pre-order will make the slightest bit of difference you are sorely mistaken.

ten
Old 08.04.2005, 04:40 PM
Very mucho Newbie
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ten
Cancelling you're pre-order wont do shit. It will take as long as it takes, nothing you do whatsoever will make it one bit faster and its pathetic to think otherwise.

Dont get me wrong, Im pissed off that its taking so long to, and Im even more pissed off at the lack of communication Access is showing to its customers. But if you think cancelling a pre-order will make the slightest bit of difference you are sorely mistaken.

ten
You could be right, it makes sense... Why would Access care if their customers start canceling their orders. After all, Access isn't a business, no they're some sort of charity right?

Vote with your wallet... It the only power you have.
Old 08.04.2005, 05:17 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Mate, its a Virus... it will sell by the thousand, it will probably be sold out for months like the B and C versions were, how ever many of you lot trying to make a statement by cancelling a pre-order 10 other people will be happy to take you're place.

Waste of time, waste of effort. Wont achieve a thing, extremely nieve to think it will.

ten
Old 08.04.2005, 07:31 PM

cancelling your order is a great idea because:

When I ordered mine i was 3rd in line at sweetwater, now i'm first in line

so thanks to those two ppl infront of me for helping me get mine a few days early possibly
Old 09.04.2005, 05:36 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

I would cancel. Unless you got the cash to burn. Wait for the reviews to poor in, OS udpdates and more stable drivers.
Old 09.04.2005, 03:52 PM
Semi Pro
Semi-Pro

Send a message via ICQ to Wandering Kid

Quote:
Mate, its a Virus... it will sell by the thousand, it will probably be sold out for months like the B and C versions were, how ever many of you lot trying to make a statement by cancelling a pre-order 10 other people will be happy to take you're place.

Waste of time, waste of effort. Wont achieve a thing, extremely nieve to think it will.
its precisely this mentality that makes it a waste of effort.

feminism didnt become such a prominant movement because the sufferage movement thought 'you know what? we live in a patriachy. fuck it. no point thinking we can change anything. extremely naive to think it will.'

cynicism is a very easy thing to fall back on and know that nobody got anywhere just thinking that they are never gonna make a difference.

if enough people really wanted to show that access shouldnt be getting away with this they would cancel their preorders and they wouldnt need to put it to public scrutiny first. if enough people do it, then access really will have to revise their pre sales strategy because they stand to lose something significant - sales and customer loyality. the sad part is that the internet is full of people spouting idle threats. who get worked up. threaten to cancel their preorder but dont actually do it. or people that wallow in cynicism, bask in the chance to vent some and keep waiting on the TI anyway. because they really want it and they just love venting spleen.

hence.

cancel it. or wait it out. theres little point debating the pros and cons because there are so few hard facts about the TI for anyone to really make an informed judgement as to whether its worth holding out or worth spending the money elsewhere. just do whatever feels right. access has already lost a few customers because of the wait and the hesitation over the usb spec and OS stability. they have probably gained a few more over the hype/buildup.

overall though i dislike this type of marketing strategy and wont by buying a TI any time soon. and besides - i dont really want to play any part in sponsoring this kind of corporate behaviour. then again, im just not sold on the TI as yet anyway.
Old 09.04.2005, 04:33 PM
Veteran
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Wandering Kid
feminism didnt become such a prominant movement because the sufferage movement thought 'you know what? we live in a patriachy. fuck it. no point thinking we can change anything. extremely naive to think it will.'
Thats a pretty crap analogy. Gender opression is slightly different from a product release especially when this happens to pretty much every piece of new technology released these days.

ten
Old 10.04.2005, 12:47 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Default pre-order

I cancelled mine. No regrets so far.