Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > General discussion about Access Virus

General discussion about Access Virus Discussion about Virus A, B, C and TI.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09.03.2010, 02:27 PM
Pro
Pro

Default a few questions about workflow

Before getting the Virus ti snow, i only used to use soft synths...
I am finding the new workflow a little distracting . I need to record/bounce each sound,lead etc as soon as i am done making it on the virus. The snow is only 4 part multitimbral.
What is your workflow while using a hardware synth ? do u save patches incase u need to come back to them to make changes after recording the part ?

- I have an analog console and a 4 in 4 out interface. Is it a good idea to use the analog outs on the virus > into the line inputs on the console > out of the busses >into the Interface > record in sequencer....or should i go straight from the virus outs into the interface....
Is it a good idea to run the signal through an analog console ? is it unnecessary? why do electronic producers run the signal through a console ? does it add fatness or warmth to the sound?

- is it better to use USB outputs?
I work on one sound at a time.... so i only require one stereo output at a time...is it better to use the analog outs through a console? or analog outs straight to interface or USB outs...

thanks...