Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > General discussion about music production

General discussion about music production Discussion concerning music production, composing, studio work, sequencing, software, etc.

Old 23.04.2004, 04:35 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinegunjoe
Juho is quite fun sometimes, but i think it gets out of control way to often. He likes to tease ppl and i really dont se the reason why, whats so funny with making other ppl upset. I know for a fact that lots of ppl here really dislike Juho but none of them wastes their energy on him. Making him a moderator was one huge misstake in my opinion.
If I tease someone it's probably that kind of teasing one should not get upset. For example if I say Hollowcell is a dirty old bastard doesn't mean that I'm attacking HC, it means that he has done some ambiguous pondering again and we should all laugh like Brits do: "Ho... ho... ho... h-Tea time!". Someone might find some of my writings highly offensive if one interprets the text literally.
Old 23.04.2004, 05:27 PM
Almost Amateur
Almost Amateur

Send a message via MSN to Machinegunjoe

Quote:
If I tease someone it's probably that kind of teasing one should not get upset. For example if I say Hollowcell is a dirty old bastard doesn't mean that I'm attacking HC, it means that he has done some ambiguous pondering again and we should all laugh like Brits do: "Ho... ho... ho... h-Tea time!". Someone might find some of my writings highly offensive if one interprets the text literally.
I don't agree. You argue for just the sake of arguing, thats not funny at all.
Old 23.04.2004, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I don't agree. You argue for just the sake of arguing, thats not funny at all.
Hmm... Where? Probably the only time I've done arguing just for fun was that huge battle between me and Blank.
Old 23.04.2004, 07:41 PM
Veteran
Veteran

yeah me and you went on for dayzzzzzzzz.......many times!!!
We r both very stubborn

peace
Blank
Old 23.04.2004, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank
yeah me and you went on for dayzzzzzzzz.......many times!!!
The first main battle was on for a week. After that there were another few day battle.

Quote:
We r both very stubborn
Indeed.
Old 24.04.2004, 05:24 AM

Quote:
I have no interest in playing my real tracks for you guys, i think your opinion is quite pointless. I've heard some of your stuff and Juhos and quite frankly i dont like it (to put it nicely). I keep in contact with a few at this forum by msn, those guys know if my music sux or not, and i respect their opinions, thats enough for me.
Music is all personal taste Machinegun. I'm not into trance or most other of the Dance only genres, but I can always coment contrusctively when it comes to music and/or production.

I don't care if people don't like my tracks or not, but it's always good to get feedback (specially on the prodcution side of things).

I didn't want to listen to your music to give you shit about it - I'm always interested to listen to new music. You seem quite up-tight about your music, which shows you may not be able to handle honest opinions.

Anyway, good luck with it all Machinegun.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 24.04.2004, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juho L
For example if I say Hollowcell is a dirty old bastard doesn't mean that I'm attacking HC.
It looks like you are attacking me to me!

By the way, how did you know that I was conceived out of wed-lock? I thought that was a secret I was taking all the way to hell with me! Heheh

Machinegun. Juho isn't the type of guy to upset someone for the hell of it - It's all in good fun or it's when he really believes in something. I don't aggree with every thing he says, but I like the fact that he says what he wants.

Too many people clique up in the forums and are affraid to go against what the majority says. People here are thankfully not that way inclined.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 24.04.2004, 06:54 AM

Quote:
DS i don't dislike you, i just though that comment you gave fletcher was plain stupid, i thought it was disrespectful in some ways and thats why i answered like i did. If ppl only get stupid offtopic comments when their trying post something they've done they wont stay on the forum for very long. Although i might have overreacted a bit, but you get the picture.
Yep...it probably wasnt a great comment I made. Its the only thing that popped into my head....because I didnt understand Fletchers question. From my point of view u did overreact a bit.....but on reflection maybe I deserved it

Stick around Machinegun...u are a welcome addition to this forum.

DS
Old 24.04.2004, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollowcell
I don't care if people don't like my tracks or not, but it's always good to get feedback (specially on the prodcution side of things).
Indeed. You just make a backhanded favor for yourself if you "pledge" your tracks. The more you get reviews of your track the easier is to form an image of common opinion. For example there is a quite difference if one reviewer of three says the bassline is a bit banal than twelve reviewers of fifteen say the same.

Reviews and criticism are the best friends of a musician. Without them it would be much harder to develop your music. One should never get irritated if one gets negative feedback. That's one of the golden rules.

Quote:
I didn't want to listen to your music to give you shit about it - I'm always interested to listen to new music.
Yup. I think no-one on this forum "reviews" other people's tracks just by saying "It's shit". You can get very constructive feedback from people that actually don't listen to that styled music that the track is.
Old 24.04.2004, 11:52 AM
Veteran
Veteran

i can kinda understand where he is coming from with him not wanting ppl to hear his music who r not in the business of reviewing...I have had ppl who liked the music i like say oh it sounds like crap just because i didnt have a name...of course i later figured this out after getting hundreds of ppl who like and dont like my genre say my music was good...i have had 4 complaints about my music that said it was just crap...and honestly that ruined me for a short time...when some1 doesnt tell u why they dont like it, it makes u run up and down through your music wondering...even if they were an ass...its all subconscious really...i personally dont want to deal with that...so most of the time i dont want criticism from some1 i dont know/trust...so i either show ppl my music if i either trust what they will say or ill never see them again...

but thats my opinion...u all can call me weak if u want LOL!!
Im gunna go grab my blanky and go to sleep

peace
Blank