Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > General discussion > Buy and sell

Buy and sell On this area you can post sell/buy ads or discuss pricing issues.

Old 19.03.2005, 12:41 PM
New here
New here

Default Creamware NOAH EX on Ebay UK

Creamware Noah Ex in excellent condition. I think the sound is far better than a Virus (used to have a VC)- certainly does a much more convincing analogue emulation imho. Absolutely no aliasing allows for detailed clear top end that no other VA can yet match.

Includes the Minimax, a 1 to 1 exact recreation of the Minimoog with meaty bass and scintillating top end; widely regarded as the best Mini emulation. Many other vintage synths (derived via detailed modelling of the original circuitry), brilliant vocoder, arppegiator, fx and much more.

Has computer integration via USB and remote editing software with a great looking and easy to use UI, so would be a good alternative if you can't wait for or can't afford the TI.

futher info:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT[/u]
Old 19.03.2005, 03:43 PM
This forum member lives here

Send a message via ICQ to Tomer=Trance Send a message via MSN to Tomer=Trance

if you need it just for studio use better get a creamware pulser 2 dsp card...
Old 19.03.2005, 05:01 PM
New here
New here

The Pulsar 2 is no longer in production (though you could probably buy one used).

Creamware's current soundcard range is the Scope platform. The basic Scope has only 6 sharc dsps and retails in the UK for ?750 (UK pounds); the Scope Proffessional, with 14 sharcs is ?1500.

With my Noah EX you get the processing power of 10 sharc dsps. Even if my Noah sold for the same price as the Scope Project I think it would still represent something of a bargain if comparing cost per dsp.

You also get the extra instruments, the Prodyssey and the Protone (which are not free to Scope soundcard purchasers) as well as the Minimax (the Minimoog emulation to die for according to SOS), the Vectrone Player, Lightwave, Vocodiser, Interpole and all the FX.

Of course the Scope soundcards are great quality (I may well get one in the future to replace my current Korg Oasys, and to give me access to the Minimax) and would work well in a studio, and if somebody feels that that suits their needs best then I would heartily recommend Creamware products. The Noah however does have the advantage of portability and could also act as a soundcard for a USB equiped laptop, for example.

Anyway its horses for courses.

By the way I noticed with some interest that everybody's favourite highway robbers and purveyors of audio equipement in the UK, Turnkey are still advertising the Noah EX at ?1995! Red Sub are advertising the basic Noah (6 dsps I think, and half of the voice allocation of the EX) for ?599, which I think is much more reasonable.

Regards ChrisK
Old 19.03.2005, 08:05 PM

ok you want me to refer it by the official name?
creamware scope project

anyhow the thing you will be missing the most is the creamware modular 3,this is the real power behind creamware's dsp cards.

you could always get them second hand and keep adding smaller cards like pulser xtc and luna 2 for addional dsp power.
anyhow,you can build yourself a solid dsp system with small cost in my opinion,for the price of 2000 euro you can get around 18 dsp card on the second hand market.
Old 19.03.2005, 09:30 PM
New here
New here

Yeh Tomer I agree, 2000 euros would be about the going rate for an 18 dsp Scope card. The Modular does sound really good if thats your thing. Like I say Creamware is top quality stuff.

With Scope, though, you have to pay for the additional instruments (depending on what package you get). The Noah I'm selling, though, comes with a full compliment of instruments (except the Sixstring which wasn't to my taste).

I think the Noah I'm selling will probably go for a price that will be cheaper, in terms of pounds/euros per dsp, than a second hand Scope system. That's without taking in to account the cost of adding additional instrument licences for a Scope system.

As I said before it's horses for courses; both the Noah and Scope systems have their distinct advantages. The Scope can be upgraded with new instruments (including Modular devices) and additional dsps as and when required. The Noah has the advantage of portability and (this may be a deciding factor for a potential buyer) it can be used as a USB audio device as well as a hardware synth. There is also atleast one new instrument being ported over from the Scope system to the Noah in the near future, the Profit5, though alas never the Modular, as it requires the use of some of the host computer's resources.

You seem fairly knowledgeable Tomer. Do you have a Scope system, and if you do what do you think of it/ what instruments do you use?
Old 20.03.2005, 01:31 PM

oh im sorry i misunderstood your post,i thought your looking for some feedback before geting a noah off ebay... lol sorry :P

i dont own a scope system myself but i have a bit of expirience with it,im accualy thinking of trading my virus for a pulser2 but too emtionaly attached (my first synth.. and the only 1 ive even owned)
i realy want to go completly "software" with my studio.
ive used modular 3 and the basic 1 and 2 synth packs,the modular aspecialy sounded great to me,too bad creamware is still unable to make noah support it,if so i would say its the ultimate portable synth.
Old 20.03.2005, 03:03 PM
New here
New here

No problem Tomer. I should have made myself clearer.

As I say when I come to replacing my current (Korg Oasys) soundcard I'll probably look first to a Creamware of some sort; I've a feeling I'll miss the my Noah instruments. Oh well I need the money at the mo.

It'll be interesting to see what comes out to replace the Scope system. What with the PCI slot fast becoming redundant they'll have to come up with something.

I take it your not waiting to trade up to a TI? Being a one time VC owner I still take an interest in what's going on in Virus world and I visit this site now and then to keep up to date. This TI affair's gone beyond funny now. I hope it's worth the wait for everyone.
Old 20.03.2005, 05:50 PM

nah the TI is not my cup of tea...
i own a virus clasic...