Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 09.07.2004, 11:34 PM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Default Here's a track to review. (in the right section)

tribal/funky house with some virus b action. bass line and funky electro sounds are from the virus.

K-rite: On the Dance Floor
Old 10.07.2004, 05:08 AM
This forum member lives here

Hi,

Quite a nicely produced track. Im not really into the style of music, but I felt my tribal funky instincts kicking in.

I dont like some of the reason sounds......there is a little backwards cymbal thingy which is way too "Reason" if ya know what I mean?? and also the delayed tom roll at the start is VERY Reason... Im not knocking reason here, I am a big fan and use it extensively, but I always try not to use too many of the preset sounds, and if I do, I tweak them lots.

The bassline at the start is a bit cheesy, but towards the end when it gets more gritty and dirty, I like it!

I like the vocal work, especially where you slow it down. Big fan of that effect.

I like the breakdown and build section (Love my builds), but maybe some more drum build action?

I like it! keep up the good work

Cheers,

Jason
Old 10.07.2004, 05:46 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

i havn't used reason very much except for highs and some percussion. the problem is that mixing reason and hardware together just doesn't work very well. you can totally tell what was programmed in reason and what wasn't. i think i'm going to stick to all hardware sounds and leave reason be...

thanks for the review.
Old 10.07.2004, 08:45 AM

I maybe like this one more than your other track that I just listened to - although they are very similar in lot's of ways. Kind of groovy, but I wouldn't say it's something to dance to.

Drums - Minimal again. Production is pretty good.

Synths - The synths aren't bad. Some of the squelchie filter work is quite interesting. Like the other track I felt they could be beefed up a bit.

Vocal - Similar to your other track in the Forum members music section. Maybe this one I could imagine evolve more though.

All in all, not a bad number. Minimal and it does seem to get a little on the repeditive side too. But still has a nice groove happening.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut