Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Various > The forum members' music

The forum members' music Here you can post links to your music and listen to and comment other forum members' music.

Old 02.07.2004, 12:01 PM
This forum member lives here

Default Something different......

You are probably sick of all the track postings from me....but f**k it! Here is another one for ya, although, with a slight difference.

This track was recorded LIVE, using an MBox/G4 Powerbook combo. Recorded with ONE mic (AudioTechnica stereo mic).

I havent really seen any "live" tracks posted here, so I thought it might be nice for a change. Hope you like it.

Cheers,

Jase

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/0/stratalivingmusic.htm

Band: The Montuno Project.............(middle one)

P.S you may need to "right click" the stream link and copy the URL, then open your player and choose "open URL in player"...... This is what happens with my system.....but that might just be me????? Enjoy!
Old 10.07.2004, 05:11 AM

No one is into the "Live" salsa thing........

Maybe I will stick to posting dance/electronica style tracks? How about if I stick a 4/4 beat and some virus acid lead lines????

Jase
Old 10.07.2004, 12:19 PM
Administrator

This reminds me of Buena Vista Social Club, but it seems that this song lacks solos - It does gets quite boring.

Quote:
Recorded with ONE mic (AudioTechnica stereo mic).
Sounds quite good except it lacks quite lot of bass (well, that's actually a problem with 90% of live recordings). Those AT mics are really nice - They sound good and are fairly cheap.

And don't worry about posting a non-electronic tracks because I haven't posted electronic stuff here in ages, so you're not alone. ?hih.
Old 11.07.2004, 08:21 AM

Lack of bass..... probably my fault. My monitors have a poor low end response.....drop off around 65Hz!!!

The band actually do play some stuff from the Buena Vista Social club, as well as some originals. I am in the process of editing some of the other tracks from the night, so maybe I will change the song.....and also put it through a graphic EQ to accentuate the bottom end.

Thanks for the comments!

Jase
Old 12.07.2004, 01:25 AM

Took some time, but I finaly got to have a listen.

Mmm..A bit too much on the follow the formula side of latin for me. Have you by chance heard a great Ausi group called Cat Empire? This music reminds of their's, although Cat Empire tends to really break away.

Drums - Exactly what I'd expect for this sort of tune. Nothing out of place and they sound pretty good too.

Instruments - Same as the drums really, nothing out of place.

Vocal - I like the sound of the vocal, although some more production would be nice.

Not a bad number. A re-recording could do this track some justice though. Even a chaotic remix.

Thanks for the listen Jase.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/hollowcell.htm
HCs and JCs colab project at
http://www.myspace.com/rhythmusimblut
Old 12.07.2004, 11:34 AM

These guys, although living in australia, are all from Central/South America..... with exception to the bass player, who is english.......

The track was not really posted for it's musical content, but mainly cos I was so amazed at how one (stereo) mic could pick up so much, so clearly, with no processing. Just mic, into MBox preamp, into 'tools. You can hear all the little percussive hits perferctly! I agree with the vocal though, that did really seem to suffer.

For my Production Project this year at school, we get to record on a big Euphonix system 5 desk, onto 24 track analogue, and attatched is a really big, really nice live room, so I might ask these guys to help me out and we will do some live multi-track recordings...... I will post em when I get em.

Thanks for taking the time to listen!!!

Jase