Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 07.06.2009, 12:02 AM
Coming down with a bug...
New here

Default 3.0.3 just lost MIDI i/o in Logic Pro 8

Why is it that I LOVE and HATE my Virus snow? I just figured out why it intermittently made LFO type drones (the presonus faderport's initial midi driver puts out a constant c-2 note!)
Now I get that fixed. Finally I feel like I've got a perfect setup:
Logic Pro 8 with my Kurzweil 250 as master keyboard MIDI with the Snow as my usb-MIDI box.
...That was before I updated to 3.0.3
Today I opened up the project (with a deadline!!)I've been working on for 2 weeks and suddenly I am getting no midi messages.
I checked the snow alone--the MIDI i/o works great. Once I boot up Logic though, the midi doesn't transmit. It cuts off. I checked my general midi settings, my project midi settings--nothing has changed since yesterday except for my update to 3.0.3
Does anybody have a suggestion of how to fixez-vous?
I tried unplugging my virus+ten seconds of holding the tap tempo as I plugged it back in. I checked that my kurzweil is transmitting. My RADIAS/little phatty both have the same effect...or non-effect. So the stoppage is between Logic and the virus. Oh and I rebooted my computer a couple of times.
Help??
Old 07.06.2009, 12:17 AM
Definately caught something...
Very mucho Newbie

Go back to the previous version of the Snow OS. See if that brings you back to a working setup.
You did not mention which computer you are on but try to reinstall the drivers and reboot the machine.

Rule: Never ever change a system that is working in the middle of a project. This is just asking for trouble and a potential loss of a contract.

Last edited by Matariki : 07.06.2009 at 12:41 AM.
Old 07.06.2009, 02:08 AM
Infektion taking hold...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matariki View Post
Rule: Never ever change a system that is working in the middle of a project. This is just asking for trouble and a potential loss of a contract.
The biggest rule.
Old 07.06.2009, 03:20 AM
New here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago View Post
The biggest rule.
I asked for that. I'm putting it back to 3.02.02
I hope this fixes the midi issue (which it also turns out is the issue in ableton live I tried to play midi in--nothing, went into midi map mode--nothing,) but somehow I doubt it will be. Nothing in life makes me angrier than computer issues. I may be putting my love-hate Virus in the closet soon.
Old 07.06.2009, 04:55 AM
New here

I used the 3.02.02 updater to reinstall both the virus control and the firmware but now I get the 'your virus needs an update' screen in logic .
I'm done until the next update. Virus is going in the drawer.
Old 07.06.2009, 05:03 AM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierlion View Post
I used the 3.02.02 updater to reinstall both the virus control and the firmware but now I get the 'your virus needs an update' screen in logic .
I'm done until 3.03.01. Virus is going in the drawer.
"Your Virus needs an update" points to a mismatch in the driver. Logic finds a driver that is newer than the Snow OS version. Reinstall the driver and that should go away.
Old 07.06.2009, 01:02 PM
Very mucho Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierlion View Post
...That was before I updated to 3.0.3
Today I opened up the project (with a deadline!!)I've been working on for 2 weeks and suddenly I am getting no midi messages.
I checked the snow alone--the MIDI i/o works great. Once I boot up Logic though, the midi doesn't transmit. It cuts off. I checked my general midi settings, my project midi settings--nothing has changed since yesterday except for my update to 3.0.3
Does anybody have a suggestion of how to fixez-vous?
When you play the Kurzweil are you seeing the MIDI information in the transport bar? Do you see it go in and out? Have you checked in your environment that nothing has changed that would cause your MIDI input/output to get lost?

Something similar happened me recently when I updated my RemoteSL - my environment ended up invalid cause my MIDI ports had changed from what they were previously.

Cheers,

Maurice
Old 10.06.2009, 05:36 AM
New here

'When you play the Kurzweil are you seeing the MIDI information in the transport bar? Do you see it go in and out? Have you checked in your environment that nothing has changed that would cause your MIDI input/output to get lost?'

I see no MIDI in or out. I opened up my environment and see no midi at all in my clicks and ports--nothing. I have the same problem when I downgraded to the previous OS version (which was working perfectly). I also have this problem in ableton live though. I think the problem must be the virus snow's MIDI interface.
When I use the VIRUS standalone--MIDI in is working perfectly. but its MIDI in cuts out the minute logic or live are booted up.
When I use the TI in my former logic projects (including this current one where the problems began) the SNOW reads the MIDI data and plays perfectly.

I'm lost. It's too difficult to put my new GoTo synth in storage. I beg y'all to use your magic of EXPERIENCE and make this right again.

thanks.
Old 10.07.2009, 05:08 AM
Newborn
Newborn

I'm also getting this issue in Live 8

Basically updated to Ableton Live 8.0.4 and updated by Snow software and drivers to the latest.

Now I don't get any response via the Midi In on the snow when using Live

Havent tested this extensively, but any ideas on what this issue might be? Anyone else getting this?
Old 10.07.2009, 07:14 AM
New here

Hey guys,

toadovsky and I have discussed this offline and it seems we are having the same problem. No MIDI signal at all, like it doesn't exist, when trying to use the Virus Control as a VST.

Ableton Live 8 picks up the Virus no worries, but the MIDI in is nowhere to be found.

If anyone is having the same issue and works it out, i'd love to hear what you did to get it going.

I too have recently upgraded the OS to 3.0.3 and also recently to Live 8.04. I'm not sure which of these two things have killed my MIDI-thru-virus, but from the OP's comments it sounds like OS3.0.3 is looking the guilty party.

Cheers