Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 14.07.2008, 01:06 PM
New here
New here

Default [unsolved] Virus sound dropouts

Hi,

Just installed my new computer, got cubase (3.1) running with my TI and I notice that the viruscontrol GUI (2.5.1) is causing the sound to fully drop out momentarily.

Basically as soon as I bring it up the sound drops out. It will be fine from there on until I change preset or go away and then come back to its window.

Manipulating physical dials doesn't seem to adversely affect it if the GUI is not up (I did not try changing presets there, only basic filter controls). Things are not the same when the GUI is up. Any update to the screen seems to cause problems (ie, boost of cutoff and off to dropout mode).

If I change the device to live mode, it no longer keeps sync (despite cubase sync being set) but the audio does not drop out. I have not set up which type of sync it is sending so perhaps that is my fault.

I don't have an incredibly low latency set (5ms) and I'm thinking it'd probably help to bring it up but I was wondering has anybody else had this issue.

There isn't anything connected to the USB aside from the virus and the USB controllers on the same IRQ as my sound card (STI DSP24) are disabled. I hope that having been disabled confirms that I must be using a controller not on the same IRQ.

I have a couple of driver updates I can do but nothing I have installed would be very old (Q6600 on asus P5Q board).

EDIT: To further complicate issues, I loaded up an older project (saved in cubase 3.0) which has heavy virus utilisation and confusingly, it doesn't drop out at all. No problems with the GUI. Ugh.

EDIT2: It seems to have a lot to do with having 26 vsts (mostly multiple instances of linplug albino / native instruments battery running. I turned them all off and ran the virus vst on its own and sure enough, no dropping out. It wasn't until probably every vst was running that the problem appeared again. Strange really, CPU meter is not showing any more than 26% on load. Seems like bringing the latency back would be in order

Last edited by rr123 : 14.07.2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 14.07.2008, 04:57 PM
Knob Junkie
Amateur

Lightbulb

hum ... how about your system's RAM utilization?!

-> nowadays PC have cascaded interrupt controllers to handle more than 16 IRQ.

-> IRQ sharing is in most cases no problem at all (it just was not supported some years ago).

-> the only problem may be, that the USB bandwidth will exceed, when connecting other devices on same port as the Virus.

Last edited by psy604 : 14.07.2008 at 07:40 PM.