Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 05.02.2010, 08:30 PM
Coming down with a bug...
Complete Newbie

Default Browser/Save Problem

Hi,

I have noticed that when i select the 'favourites 1' category on my virus polar, and cycle through the presets, it only shows about 35 presets, but in the browser section of the virus plugin the favourites 1 category has 68 presets.

I noticed as i scroll through the presets using the + and - buttons, it's like it just jumps some and misses them out.

This also seems to be true for all categories. It's like if i want to go through all presets then i have to scroll using the virus plugin browser.

Does anyone know what i'm doing wrong or if i have missed something? I would like to be able to scroll through the categories and have access to ALL the presets within that category.

Hope that makes sense, many thanks.

(also - i have created my own bank for my custom made sounds, called 'my patches' but this doesn't show up on the lcd screen on the virus, i have to go into the browser in the plugin to see my bank, am i doing something wrong here too?)

Thanks for any help or advice, i really appreciate it.

Tom
Old 05.02.2010, 11:24 PM
Pro
Pro

You can save presets on banks A-D in standalone mode using the store function. VC can open preset banks that arent physically stored onto your virus as mid files.

You need to burn to the Flash Rom if you created your presets using VC and saved them into the My Patches bank instead of into the RAM area, have a read of the manual to see how.

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Soundfield Studio (recording, mixing, mastering)
http://www.soundfieldstudio.com/

Old 06.02.2010, 03:42 AM
Complete Newbie

I'm not using my ti in stand alone mode, it's in sequencer mode using logic pro 9. What is the difference between ROM banks and RAM banks?
Old 06.02.2010, 06:45 AM
Pro
Pro

From the TI quickstart guide:

"Burn To Flash
Burn To Flash allows you to overwrite the content of the ROM banks in your Virus TI. As you may have
already noticed, the Virus TI memory has been expanded to 26 ROM banks and all the new ones are only
filled with INIT sounds. All those unused banks are waiting to be filled using Burn To Flash. In order to transfer
a bank of sounds to the ROM section you need to select a source bank first. The “Select source bank”
menu shows exactly the same choice of banks you see in Virus Control.
Next you need to decide where you want to write the bank to. By clicking on the letters A-Z you select the
target for the transfer, as well as see the present content of the bank to be overwritten. Once you made up
your choice, hit “OK” and proceed from the top again in case you want to overwrite more banks in your Virus
TI.
The user bank icon indicates which banks already have been overwritten in the past. To restore the original
banks later, see “Advanced Menu” below."

feedingear (experimental, video and film game scoring, dance, artist interviews) www.soundcloud.com/feedingear

Old 06.02.2010, 08:53 AM
Complete Newbie

What I don't understand is why are there hundreds of presets in the virus control browser that aren't in my virus ti polar?? I see that you can transfer sounds from the virus control to the ti, bit why do I have to copy all the banks over to get all the sounds into the ti? Shouldn't they already be
on there?

All I want is to have ALL the presets that are in my virus control on my physical ti polar. And I want my bank on there too that I created
for my sounds.

Thanks for your time and help. It means a lot.

I'll get there in the end!!
Old 06.02.2010, 10:09 AM
Pro
Pro

No, because some banks get downloaded with OS updates (Eg the OS 3 new examples bank) and they are stored only as .mid files on your PC and not on the synth, others you may have downloaded off the Virus website or as you have done, saved into your My Patches directory while working in Virus Control. So if you want them on your TI, then you need to burn each bank to one of the Flash Roms using the Virus Control Centre.

They are distributed this way so you can keep a huge amount of patch files available without using up all the physical storage space on the TI - eg if you were in a few bands, you could move banks on and off the TI as you saw fit.

Old 06.02.2010, 10:22 AM
New here

you can't copy them all because they won't fit. I agree the system isn't perfectly intuitive, but it's good that you can have an effectively infinite number of patches saved on your pc, right? It can be a hassle to organize and copy them over, though.
Old 06.02.2010, 04:52 PM
Complete Newbie

Well I'm going to have a good play with it now. I don't know where this 'burn to flash' & 'select source bank' is all about? I have the original virus ti polar, not the ti2, maybe it's different for the ti2.
Old 06.02.2010, 05:24 PM
Complete Newbie

Well I'm going to have a good play with it now. I don't know where this 'burn to flash' & 'select source bank' is all about? I have the original virus ti polar, not the ti2, maybe it's different for the ti2.
Old 06.02.2010, 08:10 PM
Complete Newbie

Am i correct in thinking that the RAM banks A,B,C and D are just a collection of sounds from all the ROM banks? I don't understand the point of having the RAM banks. why not just have the ROM banks???