Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 27.02.2009, 11:30 AM
New here
New here

Default Help (first post): Virus A weird startup (UNSOLVED)

Hi ppl, I'm new here and I bought a Virus A "blue led and lcd" version few days ago. I'm not a newbie so this problem, maybe, needs some tech guy here to be solved.
At startup my beautiful beast 50% of times shows a blank, but lighted, lcd screen without going thru the check process. Other times it goes fine and others it's a mixed behaviuor, goes thru the check then freezes and only the two lfo's light are on blinking slowly. I've opened the case, resoldered everything as new, cleaned parts, pushed down firmly the Ic's.
I believe that the lcd screen has been repaired or replaced in the past (got some works on it). So these are my questions:
1) I changed the transformer and things are going slighlty better but no problem solved. Lfo's press at start trick=done, without big success
2) I've reloaded Os v. 2.80 and now I'm on the 2.52 one, that worx a little bit better (aka, more good startups).
3) Is it a cmos-sram issue?
4) It's a lcd problem, that stops the check at startup?
5) Or I must investigate on a condenser, other parts broken direction?
Sorry for these big list of questions but I'm in love wiht this machine and it's a bit disappointing watchin' it with a blankscreen.
U.

Last edited by ubass : 01.03.2009 at 09:37 PM.