Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 25.10.2013, 05:01 PM
New here
New here

Default Sound cuts out when playing live (UNRESOLVED)

Hi there
I have a Virus TI Keyboard - latest OS, etc.

When I play it live, occasionally the sound just randomly cuts out. That particular patch will not output any sound. When I move to the next patch, the output works again. Flick back to the problem patch and the output is fine.

Has anyone had any similar problems? I have spoken to Access and they are baffled as well. I have transferred my patches to a different TI - same problem - so this is not a hardware issue.

Any help would be appreciated! This is a nightmare on gigs as I am sure you guys can imagine!

Thanks
H
Old 25.10.2013, 06:44 PM
Administrator
This forum member lives here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannahbis View Post
Hi there
I have a Virus TI Keyboard - latest OS, etc.

When I play it live, occasionally the sound just randomly cuts out. That particular patch will not output any sound. When I move to the next patch, the output works again. Flick back to the problem patch and the output is fine.

Has anyone had any similar problems? I have spoken to Access and they are baffled as well. I have transferred my patches to a different TI - same problem - so this is not a hardware issue.

Any help would be appreciated! This is a nightmare on gigs as I am sure you guys can imagine!

Thanks
H
Hi Hannah, it happens on just one particular patch?

Given that you've tried it on two TIs and found it's not a hardware fault, Access should also be able to reproduce the problem in their labs if you send them the problem patches.

Is it a complex patch (requiring heavy DSP)?
Old 26.10.2013, 02:23 PM
New here
New here

Nope, it happens on random patches - very unpredictable. The patches aren't overly complex and I've been stripping the verb off them etc, so they use even less CPU. As it is so unpredictable, it's impossible to recreate.
Old 10.11.2013, 01:31 PM
Newborn
Newborn

Default Same Problem here with Virus C

I have the exact same problem with the Virus C

Playing live it works fine for between 2 to 15 mins then the sound cuts out (could this be a stuck note or Polyphony problem ?)

If the rest of the Band stop playing you can hear very low level sound when the keys are struck but it does not resemble the patch i was playing

Changing the patch up and back down to reload the one one i was playing resolves it but that doesn't stop everyone thinking i messed u everytime this happens.

I'd say it happens about 10 to 20 times in a 5hour session