Access Virus & Virus TI community since 2002 Virus TI Infekted

Go Back   The Unofficial Access Virus & Virus TI Forum - since 2002 > Discussion concerning Access products > Trouble with your Access Virus?

Trouble with your Access Virus? Here you can get help when you have trouble or just don't know what to do.

Old 09.12.2007, 05:02 AM
Complete Newbie
Complete Newbie

Exclamation Timing problem with Virus C?

Hey,

I've had my Virus for quite some time now, and when recording I've always experienced a longer delay compared to my other hardware synths (Roland JP-8000 & Clavia Nord Lead 2X). For example; if I program my Virus to play a rimshot every 1/4 note along with my JP-8000 and record it (or even just monitor it), I can easily hear a slight delay with my Virus. It's been like this ever since I've had it, but it's only recently that I was told that this is not normal.

Has anybody ever experienced a problem like this before? And do you think it could be a MIDI problem?

I've tried everything possible to work out if it's another problem like my MIDI interface (MOTU MIDI Express 12 or my audio interface (MOTU 828mk2), but it seems that anything I do, any port I plug my Virus into, I always get the same result. I've even tried using a mixer to monitor the signals allowing 0 latency, but I can still hear that delay!

Any opinions or answers are more than welcome...
Access Virus C
Waldorf Rack Attack